Brakes Squeal

Mine will squeal occasionally breaking in D, not just R. Toyota can we get this recalled?
Hi everyone, if you haven't already, I would suggest opening a case with the Toyota Brand Engagement contact form? It only took me a few minutes and I also attached a video recording of the screeching.

Contact Us | Contact Toyota (scroll to the bottom of the page)

I opened a case last week and my case manager contacted me this morning for additional details. She made it sound like the more cases that are opened for this, the higher chance of it being addressed sooner.

I had it to the dealer already, but they failed to reproduce the problem (strange since it happens to me almost every morning).

I was at the dealer today to get an oil change, and mentioned the reverse brake squealing I get daily. They offered to look at it, and the only suggestion was to lubricate at a cost of ~$120.. 1,200 miles, it's not covered by warranty because it's not a mechanical issue according to the service manager. Nuts. They then proceeded to tell me my next oil change is at 20,000 miles, and just a tire rotation is all that's needed at 10k. Bonkers.

Thanks for posting the contact info, will submit something as well.

I was at the dealer today to get an oil change, and mentioned the reverse brake squealing I get daily. They offered to look at it, and the only suggestion was to lubricate at a cost of ~$120.. 1,200 miles, it's not covered by warranty because it's not a mechanical issue according to the service manager. Nuts. They then proceeded to tell me my next oil change is at 20,000 miles, and just a tire rotation is all that's needed at 10k. Bonkers.

Thanks for posting the contact info, will submit something as well.
FIND ANOTHER DEALER.

Back