1958 vs base premium pkg

Excuse the formatting not sure what's going on here lol.

Are you saying the LCLC without premium in Canada gets the 20" wheels? Damn they screwed us in the states if that's the case! I paid for the wheels and sunroof and skipped the premium like yourself. Would have liked the wireless charger which you also got, but the memory seats would have been nice. Then again my 17-yr old c-class, which was also a first-year car didn't have them and I didn't seem to care.

Excuse the formatting not sure what's going on here lol.

Are you saying the LCLC without premium in Canada gets the 20" wheels? Damn they screwed us in the states if that's the case! I paid for the wheels and sunroof and skipped the premium like yourself. Would have liked the wireless charger which you also got, but the memory seats would have been nice. Then again my 17-yr old c-class, which was also a first-year car didn't have them and I didn't seem to care.
No sorry, LCLC without premium does not come with 20" wheels, and they're not a standalone option either. You have to move up to LCLC Premium to get the wheels, sound system, traffic jam assist, leather etc.

But the LCLC standard (w/o premium) comes with moonroof and wireless charger.

As far as audio. I forgot to mention this, but i couldnt tell a difference. If anything my 1958 system sounded better for acoustics. JBL sounds muffled and base heavy

The audio is very subjective. There was another post with a comment the JBL lacked bass. I personally think the JBL has good mid bass from the front doors that are over compensating for the sub in the tailgate. I played some pink noise and was rather impressed the curve was pretty uniform. A bump in bass, but pretty flat until about 14k.

I was debating the 1958 vs the Land Cruiser Trim w/ Premium package which we eventually opted for because:

• JBL Sound System - It is good; not great, but good. Trying to integrate an aftermarket amp and subwoofer (lacking space to fit it) would take quite a bit of effort. What the JBL lacks is sound, makes up for in frustration, sweat and tears.
  • Larger displays - The last vehicle we purchased was "only" 45k. Since we are looking to keep the Toyota long term, I did not want to be reminded daily we got the small dash and infotainment.
  • Running Boards - I am not a fan of running boards (part of the reason the Toyota replaced a Honda Ridgeline). But, with a wife that is all 5'0" at the quick-e-mart and a 3 year old; they were a must have.
  • Power Lift Gate - Again, wife is 5-0".
  • Leather Seats - I actually REALLY liked the cloth seats; But at almost $60k without a power driver seat was something I struggled with.

If there are a couple of features you really need in the higher trim it becomes easier to justify. Personally, I would have waited in line if the 1958 added a "premium package" like the middle trim but minus the leather and sunroof JBL (while keeping the bigger screens). However that would compete with the Middle trim without the premium package.

I am two months in with the 1958. No regrets so far. I paid $58k, I prefer the round headlights and did not want a sunroof. Thankfully the cloth with manual adjustments has been comfortable so far, with no aches on long drives. If I could add three things from the upper trims, they would be:
1) The tires. I will probably just ride it out for 20k miles before upgrading.
2) The 12 -inch display. It's not so much that the 8 inch is too small, but the surrounding piano black plastic does not look good.
3) The thigh extender from the Premium Package for my long legs.

Back