Who is paying over MSRP?

My dealership is selling at listed price. They got their first one, heritage blue. So now I am second. They aren’t sure if they will get any more first editions, but at least things are happening finally.

I live in Texas too but put a reservation in Colorado because I don’t like the markups in Houston. Dealer in Colorado got 20 first edition so I am sure Texas dealers will get lots more soon.

Last edited:
I live in Texas too but put a reservation in Colorado because I don’t the markups in Houston. Dealer in Colorado got 20 first edition so I am sure Texas dealers will get lots more soon.
I’m now second on the list in a smaller dealership. Sales manager isn’t sure whether he will get any more FEs. Fine with me, have only a slight preference for the FE, would just as soon take a 1958. Really just want the round headlights and I kind of dig the cloth seats. Reminds me of my first truck, a 1981 Ford Bronco

My dealership is selling at listed price. They got their first one, heritage blue. So now I am second. They aren’t sure if they will get any more first editions, but at least things are happening finally.
Nice. Glad to hear more dealers are selling at msrp.

There's going to be regional differences, but I found another dealer about 50 minutes away discounting the 2024 4Runners. And in the entire metro area and suburbs I've only found one that is asking above msrp on the Landcruiser. A buddy of mine just got 5% off his Porsche Macan S build. I recently got $1800 off a Honda Accord I bought my daughter when her car was totaled. I'm sure some dealers will try to take advantage of the hype, but IMO the gouging is over. Shop around.

The dealer that I bought my last 4Runner from and a Camry for my son from, is known as being msrp and yet even with my previous purchases wanted $2500 down for a reservation on the Land Cruiser. I got on a waiting list with another dealer without a deposit but this is a little further out.

Here in NJ all dealers want 10k over msrp. Would insurance cover the overage in case of a mishap?

I don’t think anyone actually has one yet. So it’s difficult to know what’s available or will be. Still no allocations in the gulf states region either. Whole thing seems a bit weird at this point. Embargo not listed, vehicles sitting at the port for weeks, clearly something hasn’t gone according to plan. So I wouldn’t trust anything as being actually available at this point, regardless of what’s being shown.
I'm the general manager at a Toyota store in North Carolina. All of the first editions were shipped from Japan without the roof racks installed. They are on port hold until they get put on.

I think many ppl are refusing to - I won’t if one comes available to me- and if most ppl don’t then they won’t continue to charge over MRSP - I do plan to keep my LC , but .. you never know and there’s no way I would take typical depreciation and then add over MRSP to that -
That’s girl logic that makes perfect sense
The first editions will NOT depreciate.

I have emailed quite many dealers that are showing their listing for the LC mid trim in Toyota site, all of them are asking over msrp. Of course I politely tell them to email me when they decided to sell at msrp. I’m very curious how many are sold / reserved with over msrp.
We have 30 people that have put deposits on them at my store.

After the fail with first dealership I now have refundable deposits at 2 local MSRP dealers. On one I am number 6 with 3 allocated already and the other 5. Since I will be traveling through June, one of the 3 should have what I want in July. Likely won't be a FE but will save $10k and make a few thousand on the $90k I would have spent.

I'm the general manager at a Toyota store in North Carolina. All of the first editions were shipped from Japan without the roof racks installed. They are on port hold until they get put on.
Good explanation. Atypical poor planning on Toyota's part. It seems to me the top of the FE would be difficult to wash/wax with that roof rack. Not for me...

IG post from back home in Venezuela, they already have more LC sitting at the port than the whole USA combined lol.

The most amazing thing is that Venezuela is currently under US sanctions, but somehow, someway they get their hands on anything, including LC’s.
IMG_1019.jpeg

IG post from back home in Venezuela, they already have more LC sitting at the port than the whole USA combined lol.

The most amazing thing is that Venezuela is currently under US sanctions, but somehow, someway they get their hands on anything, including LC’s.View attachment 1540
That’s where all the white went apparently..

Back