Tire Upgrade ?

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure there will be suspension kits that will allow up to a 35-inch tire, but I would guess a 33-inch tire will be pretty easy to do since the Lexus GX Overtail comes with 33s standard.

I decided to stick with the 265/70r18 Toyo AT3 (same that is on the Trailhunter Taco and the GX) as the tire shop wasn’t sure about 275s clearing at full turn (slightly taller and wider than 265s). I imagine they’ll fit but as I don’t have the truck to measure, I opted to order the factory size.

GX Overtrail looks pretty good with these tires so I got them in a 10ply rather than of a 4ply for increased load capacity and sidewall protection. I think there was a 5lb difference between the plys (43lbs v 48lbs). KO2s were a little over 50lbs for the 10ply.

I’ll run these for the first set and maybe plus up to a 275 or 285 next go round when there is more info on fitment.

I’m looking at the 275’s Toyo AT3’s for now but wish they made that size in a load C since this is my wife’s daily. Either way gotta swap these Michelin’s out asap

hope 275 works... be nice not to lift for a few years and gain some clearance for offroading...if not 265 day one is a must cant go from 285 on my taco to subaru height lol

I decided to stick with the 265/70r18 Toyo AT3(same that is on the Trailhunter Taco and the GX) as the tire shop wasn’t sure about 275s clearing at full turn (slightly taller and wider than 265s). I imagine they’ll fit but as I don’t have the truck to measure, I opted to order the factory size.

GX Overtrail looks pretty good with these tires so I got them in a 10ply rather than of a 4ply for increased load capacity and sidewall protection. I think there was a 5lb difference between the plys (43lbs v 48lbs). KO2s were a little over 50lbs for the 10ply.

I’ll run these for the first set and maybe plus up to a 275 or 285 next go round when there is more info on fitment.

hope 275 works... be nice not to lift for a few years and gain some clearance for offroading...if not 265 day one is a must cant go from 285 on my taco to subaru height lol
Just from looking at it I feel like 275’s will be fine. If anything under articulation if may rub against the front fender guard so you may have to remove that piece but there’s plenty of space from the wheel to the body mount for one size up. 285’s gonna be a different story though.

I was guessing that the 275/70/18 would clear pretty good but wasn't positive , Mine is being built now and should be here end of July ... Hate the wait..

I decided to stick with the 265/70r18 Toyo AT3 (same that is on the Trailhunter Taco and the GX) as the tire shop wasn’t sure about 275s clearing at full turn (slightly taller and wider than 265s). I imagine they’ll fit but as I don’t have the truck to measure, I opted to order the factory size.

Excited about the KO3 and Wildpeak A/4W!

I tried to order the KO3s in the stock size, the shop (Quality Tire) said they see them in the system but they aren’t available for order yet. I think BFG may have just released the size on 5/1.

Haven’t seen the A/4W yet but will take a look!

Did anyone else notice the load ratings on the Wildpeak A4W sizes? The stock size of 265/70R18 are SL rated, and the closest E rated (10 ply) is 275/70R18, but I haven't seen confirmation that size won't rub.

I’ve put 275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on mine. Doesn’t rub, kinda wish I’d gone one size up
Thanks for the info! Can you tell me what the wheel is on the spare? Deciding whether to do a 5-tire rotation.

Back