Who is paying over MSRP?

socallc

📛 Founding Member
Apr 6, 2024
SoCal
I am seeing a lot of listing for LC not sold yet. I’m curious who is paying over MSRP for their 2024 LC, how much over and from which dealer? Of course I’m also curious who is paying MSRP and from which dealer?

I don’t think anyone actually has one yet. So it’s difficult to know what’s available or will be. Still no allocations in the gulf states region either. Whole thing seems a bit weird at this point. Embargo not listed, vehicles sitting at the port for weeks, clearly something hasn’t gone according to plan. So I wouldn’t trust anything as being actually available at this point, regardless of what’s being shown.

I am seeing a lot of listing for LC not sold yet. I’m curious who is paying over MSRP for their 2024 LC, how much over and from which dealer? Of course I’m also curious who is paying MSRP and from which dealer?
I think many ppl are refusing to - I won’t if one comes available to me- and if most ppl don’t then they won’t continue to charge over MRSP - I do plan to keep my LC , but .. you never know and there’s no way I would take typical depreciation and then add over MRSP to that -
That’s girl logic that makes perfect sense

Northern California - if you want to skip the line you are going to pay $3k-$10k over MSRP depending on the dealer for FE, and maybe half that for other trims...
I am not too worried about this whole over MSRP thing - it happens with a lot of new releases. Unless you have cash to burn or you don't have wheels and need some asap, just wait a few months. Or wait for the 2025 model that should be more reliable.

I have emailed quite many dealers that are showing their listing for the LC mid trim in Toyota site, all of them are asking over msrp. Of course I politely tell them to email me when they decided to sell at msrp. I’m very curious how many are sold / reserved with over msrp.

I have emailed quite many dealers that are showing their listing for the LC mid trim in Toyota site, all of them are asking over msrp. Of course I politely tell them to email me when they decided to sell at msrp. I’m very curious how many are sold / reserved with over msrp.
I’ve been curious about this also. Especially since they have my two top choices listed online currently.. I didn’t call because I figured this would be the case. I don’t know if ppl have dropped off over time on lists and so there are some available but I would have thought they were sold months ago. I called the day after the reveal and put down my deposit and there was already several ppl ahead of me. So I called also called a Toyota dealership near me prob about a month later and they wouldn’t even take my name down - said they had 100 on the list for LC and would prob wait two years to fulfill and already had 50 ppl and wouldn’t take anymore for the 2025 4 Runner (which I hadn’t even asked about, he was just saying this is nuts ) so I’m also very curious. Basically the same thing happened after the GX reveal.. a few weeks later I called to see if the list for this was just as bad and there was 50 ppl ahead of me in my state & the one I boarder to said they don’t take out of state reservations, but they also had over 50 ppl on theirs.

Longo Toyota in Los Angeles county, El Monte city, California, World's largest Toyota for 50 years, only put me on hold for so long that I gave up. When you talk MSRP, you get no respect

Northern California - if you want to skip the line you are going to pay $3k-$10k over MSRP depending on the dealer for FE, and maybe half that for other trims...
I am not too worried about this whole over MSRP thing - it happens with a lot of new releases. Unless you have cash to burn or you don't have wheels and need some asap, just wait a few months. Or wait for the 2025 model that should be more reliable.
There are at least three dealers in the NorCal selling FEs at MSRP. I've been contacted twice about black FEs without buyers but wasn't interested -- seems like they got a lot of black ones?

Longo Toyota in Los Angeles county, El Monte city, California, World's largest Toyota for 50 years, only put me on hold for so long that I gave up. When you talk MSRP, you get no respect
I remembered when FE LC was announced, Longo begin taking deposits the next day, and shut down the deposit line the same day. I had mine deposit in with my rep around 8:30am that morning.

seems to be a mix in Phoenix - at lease one dealer has told me all LC’s coming regardless of trim are $10k markup. A few are selling at SRP…supposedly. i will never pay over srp especially for a Toyota lol. I have a hard time even paying srp…so I will wait till i can get srp. I have a feeling with financing rates being so high, not a lot of folks gonna be willing to buy when they are actually offered a LC - unless they are paying cash.

Just outside of Nashville,TN. Pretty much everything here is overpriced. I have a FE 2024 LC arriving around 5/10-5/20
It was well over msrp but all my LCs have been 20+yrs old - so I decided to bite the bullet. This will be my 5 one.

Just outside of Nashville,TN. Pretty much everything here is overpriced. I have a FE 2024 LC arriving around 5/10-5/20
It was well over msrp but all my LCs have been 20+yrs old - so I decided to bite the bullet. This will be my 5 one.
Here in Colorado must are going for MSRP. 2 dealers in Denver have around
10 available between them . Most are black color though. I don’t think they are selling very fast because of price and interest rates.

They told me 1.5 year wait time. I was like no thanks.

seems to be a mix in Phoenix - at lease one dealer has told me all LC’s coming regardless of trim are $10k markup. A few are selling at SRP…supposedly. i will never pay over srp especially for a Toyota lol. I have a hard time even paying srp…so I will wait till i can get srp. I have a feeling with financing rates being so high, not a lot of folks gonna be willing to buy when they are actually offered a LC - unless they are paying cash.
I have been told by different dealers anyway from $7k - $15k markups. It is insane. Will wait for it to cool down.

You are first one I know admitting to paying over msrp. Most people aren’t doing it. So wondering how many are sold with over msrp?

I am in the Boston area and the dealer I had my first deposit in at had a line of 9 people (I was 9th in line). The dealer was charging a flat rate markup of $5K over MSRP and there were 8 people in line ahead of me - for any trim. I ended up finding a First Edition for the same $5K markup (they originally wanted $10K) and went with the dealer who actually had the unsold allocation. I was content with the 4-6 month wait to get the Land Cruiser trim, but when I found a First Edition, I pulled the trigger. I had my 100 Land Cruiser for 18 years - so the $5K was'nt a big deal to me for a car that might be my grandkids first - in 16 years :)

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone actually has one yet. So it’s difficult to know what’s available or will be. Still no allocations in the gulf states region either. Whole thing seems a bit weird at this point. Embargo not listed, vehicles sitting at the port for weeks, clearly something hasn’t gone according to plan. So I wouldn’t trust anything as being actually available at this point, regardless of what’s being shown.
Just got a call from my dealership, told me I'm number 2 on the list, and gulf states toyota just dropped their allocations, will be letting me know how much over MSRP it'll cost me for a first edition :oops:

Just got a call from my dealership, told me I'm number 2 on the list, and gulf states toyota just dropped their allocations, will be letting me know how much over MSRP it'll cost me for a first edition :oops:
I just put in for one in San Antonio, waiting to see if it works. The list I am on in Killeen won’t matter for a while longer, it’s a small dealership

At this point I assume that if you see a LC listed or if it shows up on Smart Path it is a $5K mark up. In KC it seems like dealers who are selling at MSRP are selling these almost as soon as they get the allocation and dealers who are charging a big mark up are seeing slots stay open. I'm not paying over MSRP, but in the dealer's defense you really aren't missing out on anything by trying to charge a mark up when you won't even have the vehicle delivered until July.

Back