Who is paying over MSRP?

I'm pretty sure 5000 was for the world.

• First Edition grade limited to 5,000 units for North America and comes equipped with round heritage LED headlamps, roof rack, rock rails, and exclusive interior design

I hope so I know I saw 5000 for North America . Maybe the row didn’t get first edition

I hope so I know I saw 5000 for North America . Maybe the row didn’t get first edition
Interesting tidbit ....... I did just read on Toyota Canada. The 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser First Edition is a limited production model of just 290 units for all of Canada.

My bad. So it's even less exclusive than I thought :). $6.6k seems like a lot to me for some body mounted sliders, a different skid plate, some mud flaps, and a roof basket.

I don't think they allow out of state buyers.
They wouldn't allow out of city buyers when I called. I live an hour south and they told me to pound sand.

There's a Meteor Shower FE with no dealer markups or dealer add-ons at Aberdeen WA. That's the one I had reserved before I bought one from Olympia. It should be there any day now. It's processing date at the port was 5/1.
Five Star Toyota, ask for Matt.

They wouldn't allow out of city buyers when I called. I live an hour south and they told me to pound sand.

There's a Meteor Shower FE with no dealer markups or dealer add-ons at Aberdeen WA. That's the one I had reserved before I bought one from Olympia. It should be there any day now. It's processing date at the port was 5/1.
Five Star Toyota, ask for Matt.
Do they allow out of state buyer?
Funny my brother lives close to Olympia and we were joking about changing my drivers license to WA so i can buy one. But the tax and transportation just kills the effort.

Funny my brother lives close to Olympia and we were joking about changing my drivers license to WA so i can buy one. But the tax and transportation just kills the effort.
I’m outside of Seattle and am buying from a southern OR dealer next week. Just flying down and road-tripping back. No issue with the dealer and financed through a CU so it’ll just be cash to the dealer. Guess you can always ask - if they want the sale, they’ll sell to you.

I’m outside of Seattle and am buying from a southern OR dealer next week. Just flying down and road-tripping back. No issue with the dealer and financed through a CU so it’ll just be cash to the dealer. Guess you can always ask - if they want the sale, they’ll sell to you.
That makes sense. For me, since i'm in Texas, i think Colorado or Kansas would be easier to manage than driving from Seattle back here.
OR is one of the earliest states that got their allocations, nothing showed up in gulf states until a month later

That makes sense. For me, since i'm in Texas, i think Colorado or Kansas would be easier to manage than driving from Seattle back here.
OR is one of the earliest states that got their allocations, nothing showed up in gulf states until a month later

Good copy. I lived in Lubbock years ago and bought a 4R from Eddy’s in Wichita KS. Transport met me in OK at the halfway point and did a quick handoff, pretty seamless.

Strange GS dealers were so late to the allocation party..

Good copy. I lived in Lubbock years ago and bought a 4R from Eddy’s in Wichita KS. Transport met me in OK at the halfway point and did a quick handoff, pretty seamless.

Strange GS dealers were so late to the allocation party..
That's pretty nice of them!

Gulf States were busy adding port-installs on the LC250s, that's why they are so late to the game. And their allocations are pity, like 1 in every dealer.
I've reached out to a dealer in KS today and was told my position is #8 inline, which is not bad given how fast they got their allocations.

@tbounds02 I look at it this way:

The differences between LC with PP ($66,550) and FE ($74,950), along with the sticker cost or my own guess after viewing the Toyota website Build pages, are:

Roof rack - $1,400
Rock rails - $900
Front skid plate - $300?
Round lights - $0
Mud flaps - $250?
Tailgate light - $350?
Rear door guard - $75?

Total cost of added features - about $3,300
FE price difference - $8,400 (if both purchased at MSRP)

Not really sure why the FE is priced over $5,000 more than the LC with PP plus the cost of the added features. But I would think that all or most of the added price ($8,400) would be lost at the time of sale of a FE. If so, the FE would definitely drop more in value percentage-wise than the LC with PP.

And, of course, any markup paid over MSRP would also be lost (for both trims).

Someone please correct me if I left any feature differences out.
I haven’t hear mention of a tailgate light before? Any idea what that is?

I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure it's just a dealer thing. There are no laws forcing you to buy in your own state.

Back