πŸ‘‹ Welcome to the new Land Cruiser Forum - Please post an introduction thread!

Welcome to the forum @mailtoarunz! The GX550 will be a great alternate for those needing 7 seats. I'm interested to see a good head to head comparison between the different motors.

3x Land Cruiser owner here; based in Colorado, Denver Area. Still 'breaking in my 2011 LC 200 at 160K; have also owned a 2004 LC100 (245K miles- sold)and a 1999 LC100 (180K miles- sold) Owned a few 4 Runners prior to that and will never look back. Looking to stay informed and to jump on waitlist for a FE or 1958, although would love to test drive first . Truth be told, will MISS the tailgate, the space, and the exclusivity. But will not miss the MPG.

3x Land Cruiser owner here; based in Colorado, Denver Area. Still 'breaking in my 2011 LC 200 at 160K; have also owned a 2004 LC100 (245K miles- sold)and a 1999 LC100 (180K miles- sold) Owned a few 4 Runners prior to that and will never look back. Looking to stay informed and to jump on waitlist for a FE or 1958, although would love to test drive first . Truth be told, will MISS the tailgate, the space, and the exclusivity. But will not miss the MPG.

Welcome @steveberko1 🍻 You got some good miles out of those old ones! I hope the new one is just as bulletproof.

Hello from Ontario. An avid camper here that is getting to an age where my bones and joints aren't a big fan of sleeping on the ground too often. My wife and I are thinking about getting a trailer to rectify this issue, but the Subaru that we have will not cut it, so originally I was looking at a 4Runner until I saw a video for the new LC. By time I am ready to get a new vehicle, perhaps the next gen 4Runner might change this (not too likely based on the early LC info though).

Welcome @mailtoarunz ! Your Duster was Dacia branded or Renault ?
1697659150863.png
As you know you cannot get the third row on the Landcruiser 250 in US.

Hello from Ontario. An avid camper here that is getting to an age where my bones and joints aren't a big fan of sleeping on the ground too often. My wife and I are thinking about getting a trailer to rectify this issue, but the Subaru that we have will not cut it, so originally I was looking at a 4Runner until I saw a video for the new LC. By time I am ready to get a new vehicle, perhaps the next gen 4Runner might change this (not too likely based on the early LC info though).

Welcome to the forum @Crewser - What brand/model of trailers are you considering?

Welcome @mailtoarunz ! Your Duster was Dacia branded or Renault ?
View attachment 487As you know you cannot get the third row on the Landcruiser 250 in US.
Yes, Losing third row for hybrid battery doesnt looks like a good idea for me, considering non-hybrid with a third row is available outside US.
But I am OK for it as I am in love with rest of the packaging and design, expecially availability of rear diff lock and Crawl control on all models.

Regarding Duster, I know its originally designed by Dacia, but in India , its launched as Renault Duster as Dacia is not a well known company there. (Also rebadged as Nissan Terrano).
Its 1.5/2L DCI diesel was a jem of an engine, but they had to drop that engine from the lineup due to increased emission norms.
The petrol/gas version didn't sell well and finally they discontinued the vehicle.
I heard the updated version is planning for a return.

I think Dacia is a part of Renault Group.

Here are few drives I did in Duster -
A night at the Parambikulam Tiger Reserve

Last edited:
"Why is the Dacia Duster so popular?
The Dacia Duster is a back-to-basics small SUV that doesn't try to wow you with gimmicks. If all you want is fuss-free family transport and a bit of off-road ability, it's brilliantly fit-for-purpose."

In Jan 2022 they hit 2 million units ! Engines available here 1.0T (100HP) 1.5 Diesel (115HP) 1.5T (150HP)

Greetings from Golden, CO. I have owned many 4Runners over the years starting in 1997. Currently I'm driving a Land Rover Discovery HSE but as my lease is about to expire I have concerns about long term reliability. I'm intrigued by the newly designed Land Cruiser and look forward to its launch in 2024. This vehicle and the Lexus GX 550 are my two top choices to replace the Disco.

Welcome to the forum @Crewser - What brand/model of trailers are you considering?
I have not looked too seriously yet, but a friend has a Suite by Prolite that I like. My Forester is rated to pull it, but I am not keen on stressing a CVT transmission to pull anything. If money were no object, I would likely go for a Topo2 from Utah.

I would want to keep whatever I purchase small enough to store in my garage, as it is not cheap to pay for storage and far too many trailers get stolen from storage facilities.

I have not looked too seriously yet, but a friend has a Suite by Prolite that I like. My Forester is rated to pull it, but I am not keen on stressing a CVT transmission to pull anything. If money were no object, I would likely go for a Topo2 from Utah.

I would want to keep whatever I purchase small enough to store in my garage, as it is not cheap to pay for storage and far too many trailers get stolen from storage facilities.

It should be fun to see the different camping setups owners have. I thought it would be helpful to have a dedicated thread for small trailer discussions suited for the new Land Cruiser.

Hello all, looking forward to seeing what becomes of the new cruiser. I haven't found anything interesting or worth owning/driving in the future until now. I typically buy used and put lots of miles on while babying them. I had a 97 FZJ80, put over 250k on it and now I have a 2000 UZJ100 with 240k and the fuel economy is getting to me with these high fuel prices. A hybrid sound enticing without losing the off-road capabilities.

Welcome @10mm 🍻

There haven't been many new vehicles lately that have excited me, other than the Land Cruiser and GX550. I think Toyota/Lexus will hit a home run with both.

I started following the 2024 Land Cruiser since shortly after the early August reveal as a potential replacement for a 2015 BMW X5 35d X-Drive that has been very close to perfect, but thanks to Audi, can't be replaced in the U.S. Being similar in size, with potentially similar combined mileage and higher output, although I have no idea how the hybrid powertrain will feel, along with having more capability, I'll continue to follow this vehicle and look forward to getting more information from this website and other sources.

The two cars are very different. If you look for more off-rod adventure & capability Landcruiser is very interesting comfortable and efficient. If road performance is important you still have the 40i or 50e (483HP combined 4.6sec....and even 39 miles range on EV - max 30 in real life).

The two cars are very different. If you look for more off-rod adventure & capability Landcruiser is very interesting comfortable and efficient. If road performance is important you still have the 40i or 50e (483HP combined 4.6sec....and even 39 miles range on EV - max 30 in real life).

Being the X5 is a turbo diesel with a combined mpg of 27 and can get up to 32 on the highway I'm looking at vehicles similar in size and efficiency with a torque rich output and similar tow rating. The new X5 has also replaced physical switches with on screen displays which is a turn off to me.

I started following the 2024 Land Cruiser since shortly after the early August reveal as a potential replacement for a 2015 BMW X5 35d X-Drive that has been very close to perfect, but thanks to Audi, can't be replaced in the U.S. Being similar in size, with potentially similar combined mileage and higher output, although I have no idea how the hybrid powertrain will feel, along with having more capability, I'll continue to follow this vehicle and look forward to getting more information from this website and other sources.
Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure the Land Cruiser would be a direct replacement for your X5 in the luxury department, but the new Lexus GX 550 probably would be. That way you get luxury and capability. Not nearly as good of fuel milage, but it should check all the other boxes.

Being the X5 is a turbo diesel with a combined mpg of 27 and can get up to 32 on the highway I'm looking at vehicles similar in size and efficiency with a torque rich output and similar tow rating. The new X5 has also replaced physical switches with on screen displays which is a turn off to me.

Welcome @JLFitzpatrick 🍻 I'm not a fan of everything going to on screen controls either. I like switches, dials, knobs, shifters, etc.

Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure the Land Cruiser would be a direct replacement for your X5 in the luxury department, but the new Lexus GX 550 probably would be. That way you get luxury and capability. Not nearly as good of fuel milage, but it should check all the other boxes.

I'm familiar with the GX 550 and have been following it as well being on the same platform. If it had the hybrid powertrain I'd consider it, but since I can no longer get a turbo-diesel in this size vehicle I'm considering a hybrid for the first time since reading about the 2.4L iForce Max for the 2024 Taco back in May. Really a shame too, as renewable diesel has been readily available here and all I burn since 2014. Friends keep suggesting EVs, but I'm not a fan of Lithium Ion cells for humanitarian and environmental reasons, not too mention the thermal runaway risks. As Toyota continues to use NiMH cells in their Hybrids I can support that. Which reminds me, I've been trying to confirm if the 2024 LC will be using the more efficient bi-polar MiMH batteries announced in 2021. Anyone aware if this will be the case? Seems only the vehicles in Japan have been using those cells so far.

Back