đź‘‹ Welcome to the new Land Cruiser Forum - Please post an introduction thread!

What's going on everyone! I'm located in Indian Land, SC (basically Charlotte, NC).

I still have my original 1989 FJ62, my daily is a 2015 TRD Pro 4Runner, and my wife just got a 2023 Sequoia Platinum.

So psyched for the new LC. Got on our dealers list ASAP. Still undecided whether I’ll go with the First Edition or the Land Cruiser model.
IMG_2472.jpeg
IMG_2040.jpeg
IMG_9141.jpeg

What's going on everyone! I'm located in Indian Land, SC (basically Charlotte, NC).

I still have my original 1989 FJ62, my daily is a 2015 TRD Pro 4Runner, and my wife just got a 2023 Sequoia Platinum.

So psyched for the new LC. Got on our dealers list ASAP. Still undecided whether I’ll go with the First Edition or the Land Cruiser model.

Welcome to the forum @ggreenoe 🍻 Nice collection of Toyotas!!

Very nice! Those new Sequoias look good! How do y'all like it so far?

Welcome @ggreenoe -- how far are you from Lake Lure, NC. I hear it's beautiful up there! Nice collection!
I did my twilight tour from the Navy in Asheville and stayed there for an additional 4 years after I retired. So likely a different perspective of Lake Lure than @ggreenoe my first thought given his location was does he use mustard BBQ sauce :unsure: I moved from Asheville to Mn. 24 years ago.

I'd go through Lake Lure a couple times a month depending on where I was headed to in Charlotte. I consider Lake Lure foothills yet but yes it is nice. Might be foothills but when a friend and I did the golf course there they suggested renting a cart. Nah we are young and tough don't need no stinking cart we can walk it. Next time we went back we rented a cart. Lake Lure may not be the full blown Western NC experience but it is a good entry point. Last August I was in Wake Forest for my mother's 85th birthday and quickly remembered why so many from down that way head to the mountains in the summer.

When I was stationed in the Tidewater, Va. area I lived in Currituck, NC and my Ex MIL lived down in Wilmington, NC. I got to know the coastal region of NC at least along 17 very well. Was stationed up and down both coasts over the years plus Hawaii. WNC and Western Puget Sound region of Wa. State were my 2 favorite places to live. Never dreamed I'd end up in Mn. in the middle of the Country. Pretty sure I shot the last ruff grouse in WNC though so it was time to move where they still existed. Well that and the headhunter was really good... Winters are brutal in the coldest State in CONUS, but it was a good move. For me, it's not for everyone.

I did my twilight tour from the Navy in Asheville and stayed there for an additional 4 years after I retired. So likely a different perspective of Lake Lure than @ggreenoe my first thought given his location was does he use mustard BBQ sauce :unsure: I moved from Asheville to Mn. 24 years ago.

I'd go through Lake Lure a couple times a month depending on where I was headed to in Charlotte. I consider Lake Lure foothills yet but yes it is nice. Might be foothills but when a friend and I did the golf course there they suggested renting a cart. Nah we are young and tough don't need no stinking cart we can walk it. Next time we went back we rented a cart. Lake Lure may not be the full blown Western NC experience but it is a good entry point. Last August I was in Wake Forest for my mother's 85th birthday and quickly remembered why so many from down that way head to the mountains in the summer.

When I was stationed in the Tidewater, Va. area I lived in Currituck, NC and my Ex MIL lived down in Wilmington, NC. I got to know the coastal region of NC at least along 17 very well. Was stationed up and down both coasts over the years plus Hawaii. WNC and Western Puget Sound region of Wa. State were my 2 favorite places to live. Never dreamed I'd end up in Mn. in the middle of the Country. Pretty sure I shot the last ruff grouse in WNC though so it was time to move where they still existed. Well that and the headhunter was really good... Winters are brutal in the coldest State in CONUS, but it was a good move. For me, it's not for everyone.
Awesome, thank you for the feedback. I bought a little piece of land up there and plan on building a little A Frame on it as maybe a retirement house one day. Still a long ways off that project.

Greetings from DC. I was actually waiting for the 6Gen 4Runner, but this new LC definitely looks appealing ... I'll wait until they are both out before I decide.

I've been on a circuitous car route recently ... purchased a 2 door Bronco (Sasquatch) in early 2022, fabulous looking car but awful at least for me as a daily driver. Was going to switch to a 4Runner but decided to wait for the 6g. While visiting one of my kids at the Univ of Oregon I rented a Subaru Crosstrek and thought what the heck, this car does everything well. So I sold the Bronco and bought a Crosstrek .... Swiss army knife on wheels and dollar for dollar likely the best car I've ever purchased. But it's a transition car for me, I'll give it to one of my kids once I decide on either the 4Runner or LC.

The LC really dips into the 4Runner market, so it'll be interesting to see what Toyota comes out with. I could see a 4Runner trim that really goes back to its roots to compete head-on with the Wranger and Bronco. But right now I'd be more than happy with a 2024 LC.

Greetings from DC. I was actually waiting for the 6Gen 4Runner, but this new LC definitely looks appealing ... I'll wait until they are both out before I decide.

I've been on a circuitous car route recently ... purchased a 2 door Bronco (Sasquatch) in early 2022, fabulous looking car but awful at least for me as a daily driver. Was going to switch to a 4Runner but decided to wait for the 6g. While visiting one of my kids at the Univ of Oregon I rented a Subaru Crosstrek and thought what the heck, this car does everything well. So I sold the Bronco and bought a Crosstrek .... Swiss army knife on wheels and dollar for dollar likely the best car I've ever purchased. But it's a transition car for me, I'll give it to one of my kids once I decide on either the 4Runner or LC.

The LC really dips into the 4Runner market, so it'll be interesting to see what Toyota comes out with. I could see a 4Runner trim that really goes back to its roots to compete head-on with the Wranger and Bronco. But right now I'd be more than happy with a 2024 LC.
Welcome to the site. Can't say I've seen a Subaru Crosstrek in person yet. I'm torn between the LC and the GX550.... but the engine might push me to get the GX550. Waiting on finalized pricing.

Will be my first Toyota and Land Cruiser. Very excited. My husband has a 2023 defender 130, and I drive a 2017 Mercedes E class wagon.

Will be my first Toyota and Land Cruiser. Very excited. My husband has a 2023 defender 130, and I drive a 2017 Mercedes E class wagon.
Congratulations and welcome to the site! Do you have any pictures of the Defender? I love the way they look, been seeing them on the road lately and I'm a bit envious. The tail light design is perfect.

LandCruiserForum.com is all about the all new, completely redesigned 2024/2025 Toyota Land Cruiser. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for Land Cruiser owners and enthusiasts.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Bill (wmjenk) here. I live in northern Colorado. I previously owned a 1970 F40 LC as the second owner and kept it for many years. Unfortunately I sold it. I currently own a 2007 FJ Cruiser (original owner) and have done some modifications. I replaced the engine three years ago due to a head gasket leak (9 months after lost radiator cap/overheated). It has modified upper and lower control arms and a 2" lift with a setup for larger tires, a steel front bumper with a winch and fog lights. Also roof mounted LED trail lights and a Kenwood touch screen radio with satellite radio, navigation and car play, and a UHF/VHF ham radio setup. I will probably keep this one for my son (14) when I purchase the new Land Cruiser. I have contacted all three local dealer to get my name on their lists for when the LCs become available. None are taking down payments yet.
IMG_4033.jpegIMG_4034.jpeg

Bill (wmjenk) here. I live in northern Colorado. I previously owned a 1970 F40 LC as the second owner and kept it for many years. Unfortunately I sold it. I currently own a 2007 FJ Cruiser (original owner) and have done some modifications. I replaced the engine three years ago due to a head gasket leak (9 months after lost radiator cap/overheated). It has modified upper and lower control arms and a 2" lift with a setup for larger tires, a steel front bumper with a winch and fog lights. Also roof mounted LED trail lights and a Kenwood touch screen radio with satellite radio, navigation and car play, and a UHF/VHF ham radio setup. I will probably keep this one for my son (14) when I purchase the new Land Cruiser. I have contacted all three local dealer to get my name on their lists for when the LCs become available. None are taking down payments yet.
View attachment 272View attachment 273
Welcome to the site @wmjenk đź‘‹ Your FJ still looks great!

Welcome to the forum Bill! 🍻

Hello from Calgary AB! 2022 Bronco Sport. It’s altogether smaller & less comfortable on road trips than I’d hoped for, so a full size Bronco probably wouldn’t change much for me, though I’ll look at a Ranger. But. Toyota really seems to be doing some great things now with TNGA-F! So I’ll consider a LC alongside the GX or a Tacoma & maybe even the 4-runner once it comes out.
1693195687915.jpeg

Hello from Calgary AB! 2022 Bronco Sport. It’s altogether smaller & less comfortable on road trips than I’d hoped for, so a full size Bronco probably wouldn’t change much for me, though I’ll look at a Ranger. But. Toyota really seems to be doing some great things now with TNGA-F! So I’ll consider a LC alongside the GX or a Tacoma & maybe even the 4-runner once it comes out.
View attachment 329
Welcome to the forum! I think the new Ford Ranger Raptor is going to be interesting and fun, but it won't be as fuel-efficient as the new Land Cruiser and not nearly as luxurious as the GX 550. I think the size of the new Land Cruiser and GX 550 are just right. The Tacoma and 4Runners have always been too small for my needs.

Reactions: MJE
Welcome to the forum! I think the new Ford Ranger Raptor is going to be interesting and fun, but it won't be as fuel-efficient as the new Land Cruiser and not nearly as luxurious as the GX 550. I think the size of the new Land Cruiser and GX 550 are just right. The Tacoma and 4Runners have always been too small for my needs.
Thanks for the welcome! I’m really facing a conundrum with my decision for my next vehicle purchase. I have a particular set of values I’m looking to fill. Perhaps I need to start my own thread & get people’s ideas, but it does seem like a LC/GX could be right for me. Indeed the Raptor would be awesome! But by the time I’m into that I could consider a GX or F150. Either would be more luxurious but given my suburban life, the GX would probably fit in better for most of my driving needs. But the LC is sure compelling you’re right with that kind of fuel efficiency & really it should be quite reasonable cost for what you’re getting.

Back