👋 Welcome to the new Land Cruiser Forum - Please post an introduction thread!

New to the forum. Former 4R SR5 owner, been in a Wrangler JKU since ‘16 and will be switching back to Toyota via the LC in the spring. First on a reservation list at the local dealer and hoping for a FE or 1958 with leather. Good to meet everyone!

New to the forum. Former 4R SR5 owner, been in a Wrangler JKU since ‘16 and will be switching back to Toyota via the LC in the spring. First on a reservation list at the local dealer and hoping for a FE or 1958 with leather. Good to meet everyone!
Welcome to the site @agjake01 - Glad to have you aboard and congrats on the deposit!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on that #1 reservation spot!

Also a transfer from the T4R forums after many years. Located in Denver CO. Have owned two 4Runners in the past. Currently driving a 2011 FJ, and have been biding my time waiting for the chance to own a LC that has carplay and isn't >$80k. Placed a pre-order on the 2024 a month ago, have heard pretty much nothing from the dealer however. Excited to learn more here and see how things unfold with the new series!

Also a transfer from the T4R forums after many years. Located in Denver CO. Have owned two 4Runners in the past. Currently driving a 2011 FJ, and have been biding my time waiting for the chance to own a LC that has carplay and isn't >$80k. Placed a pre-order on the 2024 a month ago, have heard pretty much nothing from the dealer however. Excited to learn more here and see how things unfold with the new series!

Welcome to the forum @lcfanboy 🍻 Congrats on getting in early. Let us know if you hear anything from your dealer! I'm hoping there will be some news after the dealer meeting is over this week.

I live mostly in Europe and I have been driving for 16 years a 2007 Landcruiser 120 3L Diesel.
Have a passion for outdoor activities, clean energy and efficient cars among others.
Looking forward to seeing real drive tests with three new cars: Landcruiser 250, Cybertruck and Mazda MX-30 R-EV (not for US).
As 250 is following the LC 90, 120 and 150 I could bring some interesting info.

I live mostly in Europe and I have been driving for 16 years a 2007 Landcruiser 120 3L Diesel.
Have a passion for outdoor activities, clean energy and efficient cars among others.
Looking forward to seeing real drive tests with three new cars: Landcruiser 250, Cybertruck and Mazda MX-30 R-EV (not for US).

Welcome to the forum @LC-120 🍻

Welcome! I have family history in Bistrita and Bucharest; I’ve always wanted to visit the Carpathian Mountains.

Hi everyone.
I signed up weeks back but just getting to this. Retired USN Aviation Officer. Currently in the Aerospace business. I have a 2009 Jeep JKUR I bought new while stationed in HI. Current daily driver is a 2017 Ram Power Wagon. I love the Power Wagon but I am looking at this vehicle to replace it for many reasons. Friends over the years, and family, recommend Toyota so I will probably make the jump if I get the one I want. Currently have a reservation for the First Edition but may change it to the regular LC. I plan to lift it 2-3”, mildly bigger tires, but not too big. Hope to get a rear steel bumper with tire carrier if available aftermarket, etc., to make it like I enjoy.

A couple of shots of my current vehicles:
IMG_2012.jpeg
IMG_1112.jpeg

Hi everyone.
I signed up weeks back but just getting to this. Retired USN Aviation Officer. Currently in the Aerospace business. I have a 2009 Jeep JKUR I bought new while stationed in HI. Current daily driver is a 2017 Ram Power Wagon. I love the Power Wagon but I am looking at this vehicle to replace it for many reasons. Friends over the years, and family, recommend Toyota so I will probably make the jump if I get the one I want. Currently have a reservation for the First Edition but may change it to the regular LC. I plan to lift it 2-3”, mildly bigger tires, but not too big. Hope to get a rear steel bumper with tire carrier if available aftermarket, etc., to make it like I enjoy.

A couple of shots of my current vehicles:
View attachment 396View attachment 395

Welcome to the Land Cruiser forum @Heater - Nice looking Power Wagon!

Welcome to the site! 👋

I like your Land Cruiser modification ideas! I think the new Land Cruiser is going to look outstanding with a lift and bigger tires.

New to the forum… have owned a range of off road vehicles over the years. The 83 LR 110 is feeling its age, so when my brother-in-law said, “Why not the new Land Cruiser?”, I said, “Yea, why not?”

New to the forum… have owned a range of off road vehicles over the years. The 83 LR 110 is feeling its age, so when my brother-in-law said, “Why not the new Land Cruiser?”, I said, “Yea, why not?”

Welcome! There is no better time like the present!

I don't see any reason not to! Welcome to the forum! 👋

Hello everyone & greetings from Az!

I work in public safety and have a deep appreciation for vehicles in general. I was initially excited to see the new GX, however when I saw the LC I realized quickly that was the ride for me.

I currently have a 2019 Taco and a 2021 Explorer. Prior to that I had a 2014 4R.

Looking forward to getting a LC. Hoping the interest rates come down, or I may be waiting a bit, even with superb credit🤷🏻‍♂️.

Look forward to learning more and shooting the 💩 with you all.

Hello everyone & greetings from Az!

I work in public safety and have a deep appreciation for vehicles in general. I was initially excited to see the new GX, however when I saw the LC I realized quickly that was the ride for me.

I currently have a 2019 Taco and a 2021 Explorer. Prior to that I had a 2014 4R.

Looking forward to getting a LC. Hoping the interest rates come down, or I may be waiting a bit, even with superb credit🤷🏻‍♂️.

Look forward to learning more and shooting the 💩 with you all.

Welcome to the forum @Az🌵Anthony 🍻

A 6th grader in India, in the playground with a friend after school, saw a “BIG” car with a “Huge '' tire on the street and had no clue what it was. And then my friend shouted!... looook..that’s a Mitsubishi Pajero. I was hearing that name for the first time and my love for SUVs started at that moment. That time the Pajero/Prado didn't have sales in the local market, instead they were imported from the Gulf or other countries by individuals. Fast forward 10-12 years, Pajero was launched in India (Pajero SFX 2800) and few years later while looking for a used Pajero, I got a chance to drive one of my friend’s Pajero SFX with a diesel engine, only to realize how sluggish it was on road even compared to my car (That time I own a Dacia/Renault Duster). New Fortuner which was way too costly even in the used market. So that wish stayed hidden deep in my mind.

Again, fast forward 5-6 years, I moved to the USA as a part of my work, and while looking for a SUV, I was stunned by the options available in the market. But ended up buying a Highlander instead of a 4runner. Xterra, FJ Cruiser just got discontinued from the manufacturer the previous year. Foremost reason for avoiding 4runner then was 7/8 seater configuration is not available on TRD models. Third row is for occasional kids' use. Yes, you got it, I was looking for a Ladder frame 7/8 seater mid size SUV with factory fitted rear Locker(That’s why TRD). Whether I really need a locker or not is another topic.

Now it's time to change my Highlander. Soon I realized that if I wait for a 7/8 Seater midsize ladder frame SUV with a rear locker, it might never happen again. Sequoia, Chevy Tahoe/Suburban, Ford Expedition, and its cousins are too big since I am planning it also as a daily Drive in Bay Area Traffic. So, I chopped off my 7/8 seater requirement from my Wishlist.

Now coming back to Landcruiser 2024, even if they call it Landcruiser in the USA, in reality it’s a rebadged Prado which I like more than LC300. So, waiting to pounce on it when available. I prefer the Toyota name tag on my car over Lexus, and Gx550 is my second Option.

Last edited:
Back