Official Delivery/Possession Update Thread

Toyota needs to expedite this delivery process. They are busy adding stuff , both at the port, and then at the dealership. Then dealers are adding 15k to 21k. If I visit Toyota.com site, they inform 8 dealerships in my area to bug me with nothing below 80k. 1958 , seems, has not arrived yet. Longo dealership in Los Angeles, won't pick up the phone. Just an AI based character tells you to do nothing but wait. Longo will sell at MSRP, so 2 years of Landies have been spoken for.

dealer just called me out of the blue and said mine is on a train now from Portland (having been there for 3 weeks) due to arrive in 3 weeks to TN. Hopefully that means some of you will beat me by a couple weeks. I hope!! I just want to see a blue one land on a lot!

dealer just called me out of the blue and said mine is on a train now from Portland (having been there for 3 weeks) due to arrive in 3 weeks to TN. Hopefully that means some of you will beat me by a couple weeks. I hope!! I just want to see a blue one land on a lot!
Congratulations!! Hoping mine will be on a train in the next day or so.

After some dealer shenanigans, I found the FE I wanted at another dealership in Arizona and locked in on it today. Our new Meteor Shower/Brown Sugar FE will be at port on 4/30, expected to be processed on 5/14, and we hope to take possession before the end of May. Huzzah!

I’m going on vacation with no internet access from May 2 - 11 so I’m hoping to come back to this thread and see plenty of pics from people with it in their possession.

I’ve got a couple dealers with my name down who are gonna contact me when one with my preferences is allotted (LC trim, heritage blue, brown leather, premium package) but no dice yet. Will be living vicariously through the rest of you in the meantime.

Last edited:
Nice I'm getting a Brown Meteor Sugar Shower FE too. Processing is 4/29 so I hope to get it next week.
Following your updates, my dealer had no updates as of yesterday. I believe my processing date was listed as 5/1 so who knows? Still waiting on the dealer tire shop to call me back to get them ordered for install at delivery.

While you guys are waiting for delivery, I am wondering what your status is at the selling dealership.

Has the dealer signed a formal purchase contract with you for the specific incoming vehicle? Or do you have your name on a reservation list (with or without placing a minimal deposit) and have been advised that your name has been assigned to the incoming vehicle but have not yet signed a purchase contract?

I'm just trying to gauge the risk of a dealer reassigning a "reserved" car to someone else (like a higher bidder or the owner!) before it arrives.

Last edited:
I have never seen a Toyota dealer that will sign the contract before the vehicle physically arrives, and this will be my 3rd new Toyota. My name is just on a vehicle for when it comes in. Then I will go to the dealership and buy it as normal.

While you guys are waiting for delivery, I am wondering what your status is at the selling dealership.

Has the dealer signed a formal purchase contract with you for the specific incoming vehicle? Or do you have your name on a reservation list (with or without placing a minimal deposit) and have been advised that your name has been assigned to the incoming vehicle but have not yet signed a purchase contract?

I'm just trying to gauge the risk of a dealer reassigning a "reserved" car to someone else (like a higher bidder or the owner!) before it arrives.
After I put a deposit down, the manager signed a purchase agreement with the VIN on it, and sent it to me. I had another dealership send me something similar via docusign requiring both parties to sign, but I didn’t go with that dealership.

Reactions: Ed1

I don't have a contract, just messages and emails from the dealer that it's mine when it gets here. I was 3rd on their list (refundable deposit) and at one point my last name was in the notes section on the vehicle listing on their website as "$Hold [DakFE]" with the salesman's initials. It's the only FE they're getting and they do send weekly(ish) updates, so I'm hopeful they'll stick to the plan.

I actually just got an update that processing on my FE is scheduled for tomorrow and will hopefully get a rail status by the end of the week.

OK, thanks, @newcruiser and @Fort7365 and @DakFE . So it looks like different dealers handle things differently.

I think I will ask my dealer if they would issue a contract while I wait out the next 4 weeks or so for delivery. Not sure they will agree to do it though. With the comments I've seen about port delays waiting for accessories, I'm not sure the delivery date specified will be met.

OK, thanks, @newcruiser and @Fort7365 and @DakFE . So it looks like different dealers handle things differently.

I think I will ask my dealer if they would issue a contract while I wait out the next 4 weeks or so for delivery. Not sure they will agree to do it though. With the comments I've seen about port delays waiting for accessories, I'm not sure the delivery date specified will be met.
I'm not real optimistic on the early end of the delivery date (now at 5/4-5/25) but I know it's out of my dealer's control. It arrived at port 4/6, which was a while ago, but also plenty of time after the first ones started arriving, so it's tough to say if there were already hundreds of FEs in front of it. I did notice that a couple of the port installed options have been dropped from the spec sheet, namely the illuminated door sills and the TRD pro air filter. Neither of those things were chosen by me and neither are things I particularly care about or need, but I'm also not sure why they were dropped. It doesn't sound like it was the dealer's choice to drop them, so I'm just assuming it's a somewhat fluid situation with the availability of some of these components. I did find it funny that the site says "price dropped $450 since 4/11!" Well, yeah, it dropped because options were removed! But I'm fine with keeping the $450 instead of paying for those two things, especially if it means I can take delivery sooner.

3 weeks on a train?! That sounds like the anti-bullet train that your LC is on!
Watch them bullets, now. Warren Buffet likes to take his time...

Someone backed out of a the exact one I have reserved so I went straight to the dealer. Another person beat me to it but I hung around. They finally backed out so I was able to get it.
IMG_9173.jpeg

Someone backed out of a the exact one I have reserved so I went straight to the dealer. Another person beat me to it but I hung around. They finally backed out so I was able to get it. View attachment 1597
So you got this one??! Congrats!! I’ll hopefully be a week behind you on the same - supposedly at port last week. Will 275/70r18s fit - need .5 inches in the wells at lock.

Thanks and congrats again!

Someone backed out of a the exact one I have reserved so I went straight to the dealer. Another person beat me to it but I hung around. They finally backed out so I was able to get it. View attachment 1597
Beautiful, that’s my color too. How does it look for real…?
Congrats ! FE or LC trim?

Back