Land Cruiser (mid-level trim) running boards?

stevevaus

📛 Founding Member
May 5, 2024
San Diego
Vehicles
Rav4, tahoe, Vespa
From all the pictures I've seen it looks like the Land Cruiser trim includes running boards - but I don't see them listed anywhere, nor do I see them available as an option. Has anybody had eyes on the mid-level trim to confirm? Thanks

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 2.14.37 PM.png

From all the pictures I've seen it looks like the Land Cruiser trim includes running boards - but I don't see them listed anywhere, nor do I see them available as an option. Has anybody had eyes on the mid-level trim to confirm? Thanks

View attachment 1733
My LC trim with premium package has them listed in the spec (illuminated), but I’m swapping for rock rails.

Last edited:
Spec sheet from my incoming LC trim (non premium) shows "Running Boards" in the exterior section. On the toyota.com builder, it does visually show the running board on any LC trim, although I don't see it called out in the specs aside from the illuminated running board as part of the premium package.
Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 4.25.44 PM.png

View attachment 1733
I had 2 options when ordering Rock rails or Running boards. I went with Rock rails ...

Just wondering why power running boards are not offered on the LC when they are standard on the Tacoma Limited and 4R limited/platinum trims. I’d prefer these than the fixed running boards. Hopefully some 3rd party will make these available to purchase.

Just wondering why power running boards are not offered on the LC when they are standard on the Tacoma Limited and 4R limited/platinum trims. I’d prefer these than the fixed running boards. Hopefully some 3rd party will make these available to purchase.
My guess won't hold up to the off-road use that most people plan for LC.

I'm 99% sure the LC trim has running boards.

I do not think the 4Runner Limited has power running boards, unless that is new for the '25, the current limited comes with fixed running boards.

@Jayhawk78 I'm with you on the 99% sure with the LC. The Gen 5 4R Limited starting in 2014 had the option of power running boards. More often with the 3rd row option, probably an 80/20split with the 2 row. They are only installed at the factory.

My guess won't hold up to the off-road use that most people plan for LC.
Powered running boards are more accurately "powered steps" as they are made from thin walled extruded aluminum and would bend / crack easily with a hard impact. The factory nerf bars on my Tacoma were for looks only, I replaced them with AMP Research powered steps, which I am extremely happy with. I do not do rock crawling but do enjoy the step and the looks.

Back