Tow Hitch

Ventura_Hondo

📛 Founding Member
May 2, 2024
Ventura County, Ca
Vehicles
2020 4Runner Pro - 2024 Land Cruiser FE - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I removed the tow hitch cover and put on the smaller cover with a hitch. Tip when you remove the cover there’s 2 tabs underneath that you should remove first and then pull it off.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpeg
    IMG_0726.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 232
I removed the tow hitch cover and put on the smaller cover with a hitch. Tip when you remove the cover there’s 2 tabs underneath that you should remove first and then pull it off.
Brilliant! What a great solution, please share more details and is that a recovery loop hitch? Did you fabricate the smaller hitch cover?

Thanks for the tip about the lower tabs. I haven't tried pulling mine off yet. Tell us more about the recovery hitch you have in the picture. It looks pretty sweet.

That looks so much better! Did the smaller cover come with the vehicle? I wasn’t aware of any other cover aside from the big main one.
Yes the cover came with the vehicle. I’m guessing all the trims would get the cover for the people that are gonna tow.

Yes the cover came with the vehicle. I’m guessing all the trims would get the cover for the people that are gonna tow.
Thanks for the reply! It's great to hear these updates as people are taking deliveries. Was is just stored in one of the rear cargo compartments? I want to make sure there's one in mine when I pick up!

Thanks for the tip about the lower tabs. I haven't tried pulling mine off yet. Tell us more about the recovery hitch you have in the picture. It looks pretty sweet.
It’s a 41.22 Inc Hitch Slider. I’ve had one on my 4R and works great at protecting the hitch/bumper when wheeling.

Thanks for the reply! It's great to hear these updates as people are taking deliveries. Was is just stored in one of the rear cargo compartments? I want to make sure there's one in mine when I pick up!
In the cargo area there will be everything the dealer didn't install. The bumper protector thing, front plate mount, mini hitch cover.

Yah there’s a small storage compartment in the rear cargo area. That’s where my hitch cover was just under the cargo mat.

Hi Ventura I haven't a clue what tow bar set up we will get in the UK any chance of a close up picture please
Dave

Hi Ventura I haven't a clue what tow bar set up we will get in the UK any chance of a close up picture please
Dave
Yes for sure i will post a pic tonight when the wife brings it back

I'm a tow pintle type, the rings are nice but you need additional parts in order to hook a rope up to it.

Back