2025 4Runner tease

Exterior is a bit... busy to me. Limited looks a little better though. All comes down to cost, I don't see it being super cheap though, I mean how low could they go?

At first glance, it just doesn't do it for me compared to the LC or the GX550. I'll have to let it sink in for a bit I think.

Here a few more photos that I've seen that haven't been posted:

2025-4runner-announcement7.png

2025-4runner-announcement6.png

2025-4runner-announcement2.png

I like the general styling. From these pics, so far the TRD Pro is my favorite that I've seen, but still interested in seeing if the TRD OR looks the same. Need more details on powertrain availability for each model. That and pricing will help me with my final decision, but current thinking is to stay in line for a 1958.

Oh and that iPad on a dash interior style is not as nice as the LC250. Although I do like the rest of the interior as shown. Also curious if there are different screen sizes configured for different trim levels, I expect that there will be.

To me it has taken on a more domesticated look of the 4th Gen rather than the aggressiveness we have seen in the 5th Gen. For me the Land Cruiser is a better option.

Reactions: fhb
I’m keeping my LC deposit too as I agree with you. Some things are ok on 4R but I like LC for other things. I also want to see real specs for both vehicles and definitely pricing as I would assume there will be some overlap with higher end 4R trims and lower trims of LC. Still good to have a few solid choices now though! And maybe the 4R won’t require premium fuel….🤩🤩 just had to throw that out there.
🤨

The back seat looks too small for my needs. Land Cruiser for me!
This pic makes the back seat look tight. But it also looks like the front seat is crazy far back. This makes no sense since it's longer than the 5th Gen. I expect that back seat leg room will be fine. I'm 6'2" and in my 2010 there is plenty of room behind my seat, just can't see that not being true in the 6th Gen.
1000003537.jpg

Tacos back seat is definitely tight. You’re right though, could be perspective. We’ll have to wait for the embargo to lift for details!

Tacos back seat is definitely tight. You’re right though, could be perspective. We’ll have to wait for the embargo to lift for details!
Can someone explain the “embargo” thing or send a link? ….its been mentioned on here several times yet I do a search and nothing really comes up….thanks.

Can someone explain the “embargo” thing or send a link? ….its been mentioned on here several times yet I do a search and nothing really comes up….thanks.
it refers to press and influencers that are invited to a launch/relaese/drive event but can’t release opinions/impressions/content until a certain time.

the embargo for the 4runner is tonight but Forbes messed up AM vs PM and accidentally dropped their impressions and images early.

Last edited:
I am still interested in the 4Runner, but TRD John is saying the interior looks likely to be a carbon copy of the Tacoma, which is a bit disappointing IMO.

Also, why the hell do people need a TV on the

I HATE the huge screen in my husband's 2024 Tacoma. :(

LOVE the power tho.

At first glance, it just doesn't do it for me compared to the LC or the GX550. I'll have to let it sink in for a bit I think.

Here a few more photos that I've seen that haven't been posted:

View attachment 1316

View attachment 1315

View attachment 1313
Agreed. Looks a little too "Robocop'ish" to me. I'll be interested to see pricing (8 months from now), but I think if anything, this has me leaning even further towards the LC. I can see younger guys liking this look better though. Definitely more of a sport truck.

Ewwww, I do not like it here or there…I do not like it anywhere.

With the growth in size, an upper trim 4runner with the hybrid and a Landcruiser are really close to each other. I prefer the looks of the Landcruiser and the standard full time 4wd, but it will also likely cost $5-$10k more. Honestly whichever I get at MSRP first will be my car for the next 10 years or until my kids steal it from me.

Not a fan of the look compared to the LC. If there was no LC I would consider the 4 Runner but happy I have a LC FE coming.

Just watched all the official media along with a couple reviews from TRDJon and others, I have to say as a former 5th Gen owner, I love the new Trailhunter color and package. I’m still sticking with my inbound FE and I’m very excited to be a LC owner, but it’s looking like the differences between the two trucks will be nominal. I’m hoping there will be something more than full time 4WD, a center locking dif, a cool box and a LC badge to justify the extra 15k…

Back