2025 4Runner tease

I believe it has the Tacoma interior....... not sure if that is a good or bad thing?

Is that a 2 seater? Or maybe prototype doesn't have back row yet or folded down??

Back not as "square" as the LC. Screen looks like the 14" one from Tacoma.

Yeah 4Runner might be another option for me too and for us Canadians may be able to get one before the LC
You would be correct on the screen........it does look huge in that space.

I really do think there has to be something going on with national level regulation. The stall with the LC in US could pave the way for the next one? Assuming the engines are similar to Taco...... 4T and hybrid offerings.

I like what I see so far. If there is a hybrid option, I would be happy to take whatever I can get my hands on first between the LC and the 4runner.

I am still interested in the 4Runner, but TRD John is saying the interior looks likely to be a carbon copy of the Tacoma, which is a bit disappointing IMO.

Also, why the hell do people need a TV on the dashboard??

I am still interested in the 4Runner, but TRD John is saying the interior looks likely to be a carbon copy of the Tacoma, which is a bit disappointing IMO.

Also, why the hell do people need a TV on the dashboard??
Come on now it is so they can watch all the other off roaders fall by the wayside as they drive away.......

I spent a little time looking at the 24 Tacoma YT vids. Honestly, I like the interior. I do agree for the cabin space, that screen looks quite large. My hubby is encouraging me to drive a Taco to get a feel for the ride, but I think if I do that, I'm going to walk away with one and just put a top on it. lol

Granted this is manual and has the ugly blue trim.. but its not terrible.

Attachments

• Tacoma Int..jpg
    Tacoma Int..jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 64
Itโ€™s not that I detest the screen size, it is more of its placement. If it was integrated into the dash would be much more appealing visually. The Land Cruiser screen flows seamlessly into the dash.
The 4Runner screen seems an afterthought.

View attachment 1231

Fresh Air for Your Wild Side in the Next Generation 4Runner​

PLANO, Texas (April 4, 2024) โ€“ A window to bigger worlds and adventures is just around the corner. Stay tuned for more #4Runner updates.

Looks pretty good! I'm glad to see Toyota keep the roll down window in the back, we love that feature.

Nothing groundbreaking in this video, but an interesting watch:

Now driving a โ€˜21 4Runner TRD Pro, so I feel like I canโ€™t lose! I love it but hope the LC or next gen 4R gives me legitimate reasons (besides new vehicle obsession) to get one or the other. Iโ€™m on a waiting list for each. Which will it be??

I spent a little time looking at the 24 Tacoma YT vids. Honestly, I like the interior. I do agree for the cabin space, that screen looks quite large. My hubby is encouraging me to drive a Taco to get a feel for the ride, but I think if I do that, I'm going to walk away with one and just put a top on it. lol
I like the interior as well. I like the whole thing, really. Almost bought one until I heard the LC was coming out. That said, I was hoping for something a bit different for the 4Runner now that the Tacoma is essentially a mini version of the Tundra and Sequoia. I really like the timeless interior of the Land Cruiser though.

I like the interior as well. I like the whole thing, really. Almost bought one until I hears the LC was coming out. That said, I was hoping for something a bit different for the 4Runner now that the Tacoma is essentially a mini version of the Tundra and Sequoia. I really like the timeless interior of the Land Cruiser though.
Reading your post, you are beginning to sway me back to the LC......

Reading your post, you are beginning to sway me back to the LC......
I run a design/build/reno business. My wife is an Interior Designer. We are very big on designing interiors that won't go out of style or look dated in a few years. The LC has that in spades - more than the GX even, IMO.

A lot of people on the forums asking "why pay more for the LC250 when the 4Runner has the same running gear". In my opinion the LC250 looks much better. That and full-time 4WD with locking rear diff justify the $10,000 premium of the LC250.

Back