2025 4Runner tease

thinking it's a photoshop edit of the Taco by reading the thread. Which is probably pretty darn close frankly.

1712327982412.png

good catches. didn’t look too closely and take everything on Reddit with a heap of salt lol

I like the interior as well. I like the whole thing, really. Almost bought one until I hears the LC was coming out. That said, I was hoping for something a bit different for the 4Runner now that the Tacoma is essentially a mini version of the Tundra and Sequoia. I really like the timeless interior of the Land Cruiser though.
Reading your post, you are beginning to sway me back to the LC......
thinking it's a photoshop edit of the Taco by reading the thread. Which is probably pretty darn close frankly.

View attachment 1269
So really you are Columbo?? Great work.

I really prefer the Land Cruiser interior over the Tacoma interior. Even the 1958 with the small screen is preferable to the very chunky shape of the Tacoma interior. That said, it will come down to pricing and content. There is something very charming about the 1958 that feels very old school packaging over the latest and greatest chassis/drivetrain. I've owned 3 4Runners and honestly loved them all. If I can get a TRD OR 4Runner premium on 32" tires for $50k, it is going to be hard to pay $6k more for the LC -- especially since the LC will need wheels and tires right off the lot. But if we are talking more like $53k for that hypothetical 4Runner, I'd probably lean LC. I'm really hopeful that Toyota won't stupid up the Limited this time. I could be swayed into one of those if the content and price is right. Cool to actually have a lot of options that I think I'll like.

Why am I looking at new SUVs? My '23 is a company car and the lease is up next year. I can buy it out or get another company car to replace it.

I really prefer the Land Cruiser interior over the Tacoma interior. Even the 1958 with the small screen is preferable to the very chunky shape of the Tacoma interior. That said, it will come down to pricing and content. There is something very charming about the 1958 that feels very old school packaging over the latest and greatest chassis/drivetrain. I've owned 3 4Runners and honestly loved them all. If I can get a TRD OR 4Runner premium on 32" tires for $50k, it is going to be hard to pay $6k more for the LC -- especially since the LC will need wheels and tires right off the lot. But if we are talking more like $53k for that hypothetical 4Runner, I'd probably lean LC. I'm really hopeful that Toyota won't stupid up the Limited this time. I could be swayed into one of those if the content and price is right. Cool to actually have a lot of options that I think I'll like.

Why am I looking at new SUVs? My '23 is a company car and the lease is up next year. I can buy it out or get another company car to replace it.
What is it that you would not want to see on the Limited?

I wonder if most models of the new 4runner will get just the 2.4L-T 4-cyl. engine and only the TRD pro will get the Hybrid 2.4L-T 4-cyl. engine . The TRD Pro would probably be priced at the same price or close to the Land Cruiser.

I wonder if most models of the new 4runner will get just the 2.4L-T 4-cyl. engine and only the TRD pro will get the Hybrid 2.4L-T 4-cyl. engine . The TRD Pro would probably be priced at the same price or close to the Land Cruiser.
I expect they will offer hybrid on the Limited and TRD trims like Tacoma. And I expect the Pro and Trailhunter will be $60k. They won’t offer full time 4WD like the Land Cruiser. There is going to be price overlap and that’s fine as long as the features reflect the price.

Possible for sure 👍

For me. the base 2.4L-T 4-cyl. engine would instantly rule out the new 4Runner.

When they dropped the V8 for 2010 Toyota said that the "new" V6 was as powerful as the old V8 (many disagreed and were not pleased). It would not surprise me if they did the same again going from V6 to 4cyl turbo. But unlike 2010 when all 4Runners got the same powertrain I'm expecting that there will be choices just like the Tacoma.

From what I hear, it's going to match the Taco line up. 4 Turbo and Hybrid options. Which might so mean staggering releases since the Taco's hybrid isn't out yet.

It just occurred to me... what if we're looking at a 2-DOOR 4Runner? Maybe they're bringing the Pre-Runner trim to it as well? The seats in the photo look oddly close to the cargo area?

It would make sense, Bronco has 2/4 door option, and then 4Runner come in at a cheaper starting MSRP?

It just occurred to me... what if we're looking at a 2-DOOR 4Runner? Maybe they're bringing the Pre-Runner trim to it as well? The seats in the photo look oddly close to the cargo area?

It would make sense, Bronco has 2/4 door option, and then 4Runner come in at a cheaper starting MSRP?
😱🤯

We’ve seen spy photos of the new 4Runner in camo, it is a 4-door.

Back