2025 4Runner tease

It just occurred to me... what if we're looking at a 2-DOOR 4Runner? Maybe they're bringing the Pre-Runner trim to it as well? The seats in the photo look oddly close to the cargo area?

It would make sense, Bronco has 2/4 door option, and then 4Runner come in at a cheaper starting MSRP?
You are just blowing my mind now!

Teaser_3_horizontal-1500x844.png

Trailhunter confirmed by Toyota, new color (blue-green), debuts at 7:15pm Pacific tomorrow!

Looks like after the reveal tomorrow I may be signing off and joining a new forum! This may be the 4Runner I have been waiting for.

Looks like after the reveal tomorrow I may be signing off and joining a new forum! This may be the 4Runner I have been waiting for.
Beat you to it. I moved my "spot in line" from LC to 4runner over the weekend. While I love the LC look and capabilities, I just cannot justify the $.
FYI, there is a leak. It's on the 4runner6g site. and....if it's true, I love the new styling.

Wow on the styling.....see ya LC Forum
Beat you to it. I moved my "spot in line" from LC to 4runner over the weekend. While I love the LC look and capabilities, I just cannot justify the $.
FYI, there is a leak. It's on the 4runner6g site. and....if it's true, I love the new styling.

Wrtite up: (No idea HOW authentic this is, but lines up)

Like prior 4Runners, the new model also shares a lot with the latest Tacoma midsize pickup including the powertrains. Toyota’s increasingly ubiquitous 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder will be under the hood of all sixth-generation 4Runners. The standard i-Force version delivers 278-hp and lb-ft of torque. The hybrid i-Force Max adds an electric motor and 1.87-kWh nickel-metal hydride battery for a total of 326-hp and 465 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability grows from 5,000-lbs to 6,000-lbs.

The wheelbase of the new model has grown by 2.4-inches and overall length has grown by 4.7-inches compared to the old model. The longer overhangs mean the approach and departure angles are slightly degraded for the new 4Runner at 32 and 24 degrees respectively compared to 33 and 26 degrees for the four-wheel-drive fifth-gen. However, the nearly 20-inch shorter wheelbase compared to the Tacoma should give the 4Runner a big advantage over the pickup in breakover angle.

Both options come with the same eight-speed automatic transmission found in the Tacoma and Land Cruiser. As before, customers can choose a rear-wheel-drive, part-time four-wheel-drive or full-time four-wheel-drive system. Both 4WD systems have a two-speed transfer case and Toyota’s active traction control system to aid in sending torque to the wheels with the most grip. All variants get an automatic limited slip differential.

In addition to all of the usual trims found on Toyota trucks and SUVs, the 4Runner also offers the new Trailhunter trim. The Trailhunter includes ARB's Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5-inch forged shocks with remote reservoirs on the rear axle and a custom ARB roof rack. 33-inch Toyo Open Country all-terrain tires provide the grip along with two-inches of added front ground clearance and 1.5-inches in the rear.

Rock rails and high strength steel skid plates come standard on the Trailhunter along with a bronze grille and integrated 20-inch LED light bar. Toyota has also built in a 2400W inverter to power gear during overlanding adventures.

Awaiting to be accepted by the new forum and I am signing off....good luck and enjoy your LC's, I have a 4Runner calling my name.

I like some angles of the 6th gen 4Runner, not others. Definitely a baby sequoia mixed with the tacoma look.

Happy to say, I think the LC is better in design. I'm keeping my deposit where it is. I'll be interested to see the cargo space of the hybrid 4Runner compared to the LC.

I like some angles of the 6th gen 4Runner, not others. Definitely a baby sequoia mixed with the tacoma look.

Happy to say, I think the LC is better in design. I'm keeping my deposit where it is. I'll be interested to see the cargo space of the hybrid 4Runner compared to the LC.
I like the exterior of the LC better as well

I’m keeping my LC deposit too as I agree with you. Some things are ok on 4R but I like LC for other things. I also want to see real specs for both vehicles and definitely pricing as I would assume there will be some overlap with higher end 4R trims and lower trims of LC. Still good to have a few solid choices now though! And maybe the 4R won’t require premium fuel….🤩🤩 just had to throw that out there.

Back