2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

Haha, I appreciate the Grand Highlander and Sienna recommendations. That would be the sensible way to go. The way I currently see it, the premium to jump up to the LC250 1958 (which isn’t that big) is worth it because:

1) LC250 is a dream car, the others are appliances
2) I would actually like to off-road and tow in the future

Haha, I appreciate the Grand Highlander and Sienna recommendations. That would be the sensible way to go. The way I currently see it, the premium to jump up to the LC250 1958 (which isn’t that big) is worth it because:

1) LC250 is a dream car, the others are appliances
2) I would actually like to off-road and tow in the future
Na the Sienna and Highlander are just minivans without the sliding door.
Grocery go getters.

Just got back from the Calgary Auto show, LC FE present but locked. Toyota rep wasn't aware it required premium, but was listed in the specs on their tablet..
I don't know the source but something is wrong with the fuel ratings, either the ones in mpg or the l/100km are not working out.
I'm hoping for the ones in blue obviously.
1710939622963.png

EPA official numbers. Premium fuel.

Another comparing GX550 and Tundra Hybrid. Tundra cheaper to run with lower mpg but uses regular fuel.

Last edited:
So can we finally all agree it is Premium fuel for the 2024 Land Cruiser?
No more guessing.

With that I agree too. Interesting, with my car as a comparison, it's not TOO far off. By about 300-400 a year. Hmph.
They don't have the new Hybrid Taco in there, there must be some hang up there.

With that I agree too. Interesting, with my car as a comparison, it's not TOO far off. By about 300-400 a year. Hmph.
They don't have the new Hybrid Taco in there, there must be some hang up there.
Yeah I also looked for the Taco hybrid to compare. Should be out soon I would think.

FWIW, Using the EPA assumed prices/estimated usage I personalized the cost of premium to equal the regular price. Turns out to be $2750 less over 5 years if regular was used….assuming you could use regular and you could get the same mpg.

For anyone still wondering - response from the Toyota Brand Engagement Center:

Thank you for contacting us about your interest in the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist with your inquiry.

We recommend the use of unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 91 for the 2024 Land Cruiser. If you decide to use to gasoline with a higher octane rating, it may increase the fuel economy and performance of your vehicle, however any benefits may be so negligible that you may not notice any difference.

So recommended

Thank you for contacting us about your interest in the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser.

We recommend the use of unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 91 for the 2024 Land Cruiser. If you decide to use to gasoline with a higher octane rating, it may increase the fuel economy and performance of your vehicle, however any benefits may be so negligible that you may not notice any difference.

So recommended
I wish I could find 91 and meet the minimum and call it a day, it's always 87, 89 and straight to 93 in my area

Told hubby this last night and he was said, well premium it is! I'm in the same boat, above 91 IS premium and at about 420/gal currently. Those drive impressions I think will be the next checkpoint for me.

So recommended
So the confusion continues. The more things change the more they stay the same.

There is no confusion.. the vehicle requires premium, but like the majority of vehicles, it wont stop working if a lower power grade fuel is used. You just lose performance and it will dial back the timing. Ideal and advertised fuel mileage is seen with premium.

Last edited:
There is no confusion.. the vehicle requires premium, but like the majority of vehicles, it wont stop working if a lower power grade fuel is used. You just lose performance and it will dial back the timing. Ideal and advertised fuel mileage is seen with premium.
right, and I speculate that Toyota engineer tested the vehicle using premium fuel. So all the baseline stats from the stress tests and subsequent bug fixes and optimization in the R & D is done with vehicle using premium. I know it can handle regular, but that's not the primary operating condition. I choose premium because I don't wanna potentially introduce some odd ball edge cases that the car is not tested with long term regular gas useage.

So recommended
I hear you and I agree, but then there are these posts?

Anyone ever consider checking the 2024 Land Cruiser manual?

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 43
Back