2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

i admit i didn’t read all the pages. Skipped to the last page after reading a number of unconfirmed posts and posts with nothing but speculation. I skipped to the last page and figured they wouldn’t still be debating If something from the Manuel was confirmed and posted. I think people like to debate for the sake of debate.

Hi all, This fuel issue is not settled. Specs released by Toyota say that gas has to be unleaded. I know premium fuel is better but it should not be mandatory. Toyota needs to clarify fuel specs. Why Toyota does not answer this with clarity, unambiguity and honesty?

Have you read the owners manual? I have posted screenshots of the page with the fuel requirements. They very clearly specify a minimum octane rating of 91 unleaded. I don’t think that was ambiguous at all. I think it’s pretty honest also. And to me it is answered with full clarity, so, what are you confused about?

Have you read the owners manual? I have posted screenshots of the page with the fuel requirements. They very clearly specify a minimum octane rating of 91 unleaded. I don’t think that was ambiguous at all. I think it’s pretty honest also. And to me it is answered with full clarity, so, what are you confused about?
I think the ambiguity is in the fact that the 91 octane fuel is required to achieve the mpg that Toyota is advertising. But not necessarily to effectively operate the vehicle.

It just seems like there's 2 different questions being asked/debated, but many people are assuming there's only one option... (1) Whether premium fuel is required (full stop) vs. (2) Whether premium fuel is required to achieve the advertised mpg/performance. The fact that Toyota includes a qualifier in the manual would seem to indicate the latter, that premium fuel is required in so far as it is necessary to achieve the advertised mpg/performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 12.58.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 12.58.26 AM.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 284
It is necessary to avoid knocking and pinging which can damage the engine.

Use whatever you want. If it knocks and pings step it up. It is up to you.

The reason for the ongoing disagreement is because Toyota DOES NOT clarify the fuel requirement. It READS as only a suggestion to maximize engine performance.

Land Cruiser Owner's Manual says:
17122687044735541872438306973441.jpg

Whereas GX550 Owner's Manual says:
17122688075593995226739220483824.jpg

There are turbocharged engines that will run fine on 87 octane with no engine damage, but will see increased performance on 91 octane. The Land Cruiser Owner's Manual makes NO mention of engine damage on lower than 91 octane.

Until someone is able to post a photo of the fuel fill label either specifying MINIMUM 91 OCTANE, or UNLEADED FUEL ONLY, this debate will continue.

Those numbers don’t add up to the mpg rating. Not sure where they are from.They seem closer to the original 27 mpg that was first thrown around before the actual release numbers.

Back