2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

How can we be sure that’s a shot of a Land Cruiser?😉
LOL. Well, see attachment. Possibly first FE LC in Southern California.

Attachments

• IMG_3032.JPEG
    IMG_3032.JPEG
    359.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3031.JPEG
    IMG_3031.JPEG
    746.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3030.JPEG
    IMG_3030.JPEG
    666.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3029.JPEG
    IMG_3029.JPEG
    636.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3027.JPEG
    IMG_3027.JPEG
    321.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3028.JPEG
    IMG_3028.JPEG
    406.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3026.JPEG
    IMG_3026.JPEG
    373.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3025.JPEG
    IMG_3025.JPEG
    362 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3024.JPEG
    IMG_3024.JPEG
    356.3 KB · Views: 145
Trialhunter must get premium fuel discounts or something. It's the same iforce max engine you know.

Trialhunter must get premium fuel discounts or something. It's the same iforce max engine you know.
Plenty of Lexus require premium while having Toyota engines that don’t require it in Toyota models.

It’s a tuning thing

In this case Tacoma and 4Runner have the same rating (power and torque). Hard to believe there is a different tuning and the regular 85-87 gasoline would be fine.
But anything is possible these days !

The trail hunter will have the same drivetrain, so I’m sure it will require premium also.
I noticed that. It also has the same exact horsepower and torque which makes me pretty sure it's gonna be premium only. But I'll wait and see. We will know for sure when we know what the tacoma is. Only reason I'm thinking it might possibly be regular is because the iforcemax on the tundra takes regular. Yes I know it's still a different engine

I noticed that. It also has the same exact horsepower and torque which makes me pretty sure it's gonna be premium only. But I'll wait and see. We will know for sure when we know what the tacoma is. Only reason I'm thinking it might possibly be regular is because the iforcemax on the tundra takes regular. Yes I know it's still a different engine
You’re so funny trying to avoid premium. Good luck with that. The GX requires it also. BTW, all the manuals are online. Maybe research them.

May i suggest a Corolla?

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 133
You’re so funny trying to avoid premium. Good luck with that. The GX requires it also. BTW, all the manuals are online. Maybe research them.

May i suggest a Corolla?
I've got a 22 RS3, I don't need premium for my daily. Its a personal financial decision I'm making since I usually keep my daily's for 150-200k miles. All that extra cost in fuel adds up over time. No one expected Toyota to REQUIRE premium on 4runners and Tacoma's. Lexus sure. So im not sure what's funny about it? What is funny is that you're commenting on it when you don't even know what is considered premium lmao. 91 octane and up. In the US at least.

This was just posted today from Motormouth. It was at the official Toyota driving event in California. 40 seconds into the video “Premium Fuel Is Recommended But You Can Use Regular”. If he was at their event I would think he received this information from a Toyota official.

I'll take what's written in the manual over some youtuber's word any day of the week. I've been watching these new reviews all day and almost every single one of them gets something wrong.
Yeah there's some good info in the videos, but then alot of stuff we already knew and they all appear "rushed" and done in a hurry...likely Toyotas fault though. Hopefully more "real facts" to come in the future as the LC hits the road and longer term reviews are done.

Similar to what was posted above on the Motormouth video, this was stated in the Autotrader review:

"Toyota recommends premium fuel for the Land Cruiser, but it’s worth pointing out that every single one of those figures is identical to the 4Runner specifications, which is set up to run on 87 octane, so you don’t need to bother. On higher-octane fuel, a little more peak power might be available, but this powertrain is all about torque."

Yeah there's some good info in the videos, but then alot of stuff we already knew and they all appear "rushed" and done in a hurry...likely Toyotas fault though. Hopefully more "real facts" to come in the future as the LC hits the road and longer term reviews are done.

Similar to what was posted above on the Motormouth video, this was stated in the Autotrader review:

"Toyota recommends premium fuel for the Land Cruiser, but it’s worth pointing out that every single one of those figures is identical to the 4Runner specifications, which is set up to run on 87 octane, so you don’t need to bother. On higher-octane fuel, a little more peak power might be available, but this powertrain is all about torque."
I drove an 8 cylinder, 5 liter, Toyota Land Cruiser for 15 years (1999) and I never used premium unless I was driving in the mountains. Eighty seven worked just fine and that engine is still running like a top at 250,000 miles. One would hope a 4 banger could handle 87 as well.

Back