2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

Ugghhhh, really like the styling and features of the new LC but premium fuel requirement might be a deal killer. A little bummed about that.
I was feeling the same way originally, but I am beginning to be swayed back to making the purchase. Will weight it all when time gets closer and maybe hear about RT ownership from our American neighbours.

Last edited:
I was feeling the same way originally, but I am beginning to be swayed back to making the purchase. Will way it all when time gets closer and maybe hear about RT ownership from our American neighbours.
Yeah…..even with the smaller fuel tank compared to the 4Runner and the cost for
Premium fuel, it does pencil out to be better or comparable to the 4 Runner for fuel costs given the better mpg of the LC. Still though, even in 2024, sometimes premium is hard to find in very small, rural communities.

I felt the same way, then realized I still need to buy an SUV for the family and everything else in that class gets worse fuel economy.

Last edited:
Yeah…..even with the smaller fuel tank compared to the 4Runner and the cost for
Premium fuel, it does pencil out to be better or comparable to the 4 Runner for fuel costs given the better mpg of the LC. Still though, even in 2024, sometimes premium is hard to find in very small, rural communities.
Hey never considered the rural inhibitors. or when you’re travelling. Very good point indeed. What do people do in those situations?

Hey never considered the rural inhibitors. or when you’re travelling. Very good point indeed. What do people do in those situations?
They make fuel additive octane boosters that you can add to regular fuel to get it closer to 91-93 octane. So probably best to keep one of those little bottles in the car for emergencies.

I felt the same way, then realized I still need to buy an SUV for the family and everything else in that class gets worse fuel economy.
Have you looked at the Grand Highlander Hybrid or Hybrid max. If you are not looking to off-road much they are gonna be better for fuel economy, seating/cargo storage, etc. than the LC. The GH max tows almost as much as LC. Different look for sure but a solid crossover SUV if you can find one.

They make fuel additive octane boosters that you can add to regular fuel to get it closer to 91-93 octane. So probably best to keep one of those little bottles in the car for emergencies.
The bottles that add octane don't add enough to make a difference. They say "+2" and things like that on the bottle, but for a 10 gallon tank, it's more like .2 octane. Not 2.

The 2024 Tacoma and Land Cruiser share the same new engine. It’s already known that Tacoma does not require premium, I don’t see why the Land Cruiser would.

That's the whole thing... But it's in the Owners Manual and in the Toyota Sales reps tablet info. Can't imagine both being wrong at this point.

That's the whole thing... But it's in the Owners Manual and in the Toyota Sales reps tablet info. Can't imagine both being wrong at this point.
Can’t keep denying the facts it is what it is. LC needs to drink the Premium nectar of the gas stations.

The bottles that add octane don't add enough to make a difference. They say "+2" and things like that on the bottle, but for a 10 gallon tank, it's more like .2 octane. Not 2.
VP makes one that goes up to 5 points, so will take you from reg to premium, and you just use two bottles instead of one, or whatever the package says. Short term use only

My wife's Audi Allroad has a 2.4 litre turbo engine that calls for Premium. When travelling, we've had to use regular (and I've put in regular in her car occasionally by mistake as a force of habit). I've never noticed the slightest difference from Premium aside from the cost. Kinda makes you wonder.

My wife's Audi Allroad has a 2.4 litre turbo engine that calls for Premium. When travelling, we've had to use regular (and I've put in regular in her car occasionally by mistake as a force of habit). I've never noticed the slightest difference from Premium aside from the cost. Kinda makes you wonder.
I am sure using a lower Octane periodically would not make a noticeable difference. It is the long term that may/ will cause engine damage and void your warranty.

I think they did the egg to make that pleasing Mom mobile. Which.....I have never liked. I guess I'm weird that way, I like aggressive looks always have.
I'm still kind of in. I haven't dropped off my list yet, but I am taking a look at 2025 4 runner and 2024 Taco Hybrid a little closer now.

I think they did the egg to make that pleasing Mom mobile. Which.....I have never liked. I guess I'm weird that way, I like aggressive looks always have.
I'm still kind of in. I haven't dropped off my list yet, but I am taking a look at 2025 4 runner and 2024 Taco Hybrid a little closer now.
I would really like to see the 2025 4Runner and compare....could be the way to go....not interested in a pick-up though.

Back