Wonderful engine just love this thing.

From 2002 my daily drivers have been 4 Lexus IS300's and one GS350 - all great cars (my favourite was my first IS300 - a 2002, it was a blast to drive) and my wife's been driving 4Runners, which I've always enjoyed driving but was always more at home in the sedans. I'm now 3,000 kms (just shy of 1,900 miles) in the LC and loving it - obviously a big change from what I've been driving, but it's now my favourite vehicle of all time. Although its not a 'zero to 60' type vehicle it's punchy off the line and I find the power overall very smooth - maybe not quite as silky smooth that the naturally aspirated GS and IS's that I've been accustomed to, but for a 4 cylinder turbo hybrid it's better than I had hoped.

the Lexi were great and I really enjoyed them - but was ready for a change and I couldn't be happier in the LC. I'm consistantly getting 10 litres / 100km (+23 mpg) of mixed city / rural driving, love the high driving position and the overall comfort of it.

Great to hear others enjoying their's just as much and having a similar experience.

Last edited:
Been getting more time on the highway and we're still in the break in period so not pushing it, but it is just wonderful. Now don't get me wrong it's not fast per say it's just that the torque is so readily available that it makes ii so responsive. I would imagine that it depends on your driving style and I'm not a fast driver, but I want it to do what I want it to do and this engine just responds. It is such a joy to drive. I don't know how confident I feel about how the long turn durability will work out, there's a lot of stuff going on here. I am kind of thinking that the TTV6 will likely be more durable, but this hybrid is really something.
I love the engine too but hoping it lasts for a long life. At least we know Toyota is well known for being the masters of Hybrid engines so we can only hope for that long life.

Got to make my 1st 2 lane pass today, it felt like I was in a sports car!!!!! It was just an immediate ZIP! Doing that in my 5th gen 4runner felt like it took 5 mins.

Driving tonight on Interstate and lots of traffic. In ECO mode and needed to cross 3 lanes to get to exit. Gently pressed gas as I am still only 850 miles in and driving super conservative, but the LC just takes off. Felt like the sports car that I have never owned. So quick to get to where I need to be to make the lane changes. Unbelievable! And I am in ECO and barely pressing the gas. Coming from 25 years of 4Runners my baseline is set pretty low when it comes to speed 😂. Need to hit that 1000mi and get my oil changed and then watch out. Just love this land cruiser so far.

Back