Roof Rack Options and Load Ratings

Do these roof racks really mess with fuel mileage? thinking maybe slightly.... Im debating getting a short version or the Victory.

Hey Folks!

I am wondering about adding bars to the LC/LC OEM Roof Rack (mine came with none installed).

Does anyone have confirmation that adding multiple bars raises the static weight capacity? This seems reasonable to me, given that other racks have much higher limits (so the roof must be able to hold it) and that the 165lb rating labeled on each OEM bar seems super low.

I have a Roofnest Falcon Pro (which is ~180lbs) and it has it's own crossbars on top and mounting points for an awning. So I am looking at a total max weight between 200-250lbs.

If I spread that over 4 OEM crossbars, does that seem reasonable?

Thanks!

C

I'm joining the big rack debate for the LC250. Sherpa, Prinsu, Victory and Westcott are the 4 I have in play. I just can't tell what would ideally fit the bill. Want to have the ability to maybe at a RTT, and awning, which they all seem to be fit for. How are folks making their decision between the options? Thanks!

I'm joining the big rack debate for the LC250. Sherpa, Prinsu, Victory and Westcott are the 4 I have in play. I just can't tell what would ideally fit the bill. Want to have the ability to maybe at a RTT, and awning, which they all seem to be fit for. How are folks making their decision between the options? Thanks!

Sherpa or OEM for me due to the mounting blocks used by both. Just me but I don’t want to rely on silicone/rtv sealant to waterproof the mounts.

Back