Roof Rack Options and Load Ratings

Was able to snag a Prinsu at 10% off during their 4th of July sale. Put it on my LC last night. The OEM rails wouldn't support my RTT and after having a pickup the last 10 years I was missing place to throw plywood and lumber. The Prinsu can do both!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 090428.jpg

I have never work with the T-slot bar before. If I want to mount my rotopax and traction pad on the stock roof rack, what do I need?

I contacted Victory for dimensions:

Full rack is roughly 95.5" X 47" and the short rack is roughly 64" X 47".

Iโ€™m liking the Rhino Reconn rack. Looks unique compared to others, but hoping they offer some kind of accessories that mount to it. Have to consider if I like their cross bars or not.

Anyone know where Westcott is getting these numbers? My understanding is that the LC should have a maximum (safe) roof load rating that is independent of what any particular roof rack can itself support. Ronny Dahl has a video on that concept.

I agree that 475 is suspiciously high. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota's dynamic rating was half that.

Iโ€™m liking the Rhino Reconn rack. Looks unique compared to others, but hoping they offer some kind of accessories that mount to it. Have to consider if I like their cross bars or not.
Just signed up for updates on this on their website. We'll see what they have to offer.

I have never work with the T-slot bar before. If I want to mount my rotopax and traction pad on the stock roof rack, what do I need?
I'm curious about this too, does anyone have any info on this, especially in regard to the FE rack?

Does anybody know who supplies the FE roof rack to Toyota? It is funny that every solution in the list provides a list of different mounting options for its own roof rack, but Toyota only ship the roof rack "as-is" with no accessories what-so-ever. Why don't they just work with well known third party provider to make that roof rack actually mean something, instead of just being a decoration

Does anybody know who supplies the FE roof rack to Toyota? It is funny that every solution in the list provides a list of different mounting options for its own roof rack, but Toyota only ship the roof rack "as-is" with no accessories what-so-ever. Why don't they just work with well known third party provider to make that roof rack actually mean something, instead of just being a decoration
Probably ARB since they make it for the Tacoma and the 4runners

Back