Westcott roof rack

Redondo Matt

📛 Founding Member
May 22, 2024
Media
Los Angeles
Vehicles
07 4Runner
Ordering a full length, Westcott roof rack. Plan on not installing the second rail, so the sunroof is not covered.
Wescott stated this is OK except for possible Weight distribution issues.

Installation seems pretty straightforward. Mostly transporting surfboards.

I just installed mine. Looks great. Extremely high quality. Will post pics tomorrow. Install will inevitably result in a few scratches to the roof paint, but in areas not visible outwardly (like the channel where you set the spacers). Note: they fubar’ed the bottle opener. I ordered two and installed them but they are not functional on Land Cruisers because the shape of the side interferes with the notch. They told me no remedy was available for this design flaw, FYI. So don’t buy the bottle openers…

I just installed mine. Looks great. Extremely high quality. Will post pics tomorrow. Install will inevitably result in a few scratches to the roof paint, but in areas not visible outwardly (like the channel where you set the spacers). Note: they fubar’ed the bottle opener. I ordered two and installed them but they are not functional on Land Cruisers because the shape of the side interferes with the notch. They told me no remedy was available for this design flaw, FYI. So don’t buy the bottle openers…
Perfect reason to switch to cans. And, the beer is better.

Good info on the bottle opener. I think it comes w 2, I won’t install it.
Does your LC have a sunroof?

Back