ewarren423

πŸ“› Founding Member
Sep 2, 2024
Media
PA
Vehicles
2024 1958
HI All!
Well I'm a month in and really like this car!
So much so that im considering upgrading to the mid trim with premium package.
Dealer not giving me a great trade in price (48.5k) but would give ~4k off the LC trim.
Makes the net difference about 18k with tax.
Crazy to take such a hit now and do this?

Hmm, yep, you would a BIG hit, no matter how the dealer slices it. Consider going for a 2025 model, as one can already configure them on the Toyota website. I personally have done so, and have one (our first LC since 1990) in the queue. Sure, it might take a few months, but worth the wait for precisely what we wish, which did not materialize for the 2024 model year. (Long story!)

I have the 1958 too and am enjoying it and will stick with it. That said, I believe the LC LC is the right choice for most people and you do get a lot for the ~6k price difference between the two.

18K seems like a whole lot to me and I know you specified the LC LC Premium here. If it's going to drive you crazy having the 1958 and you can afford it, then do it.

Good question on the Y… I think the main reason are the cameras the bigger screen and that’s about it. The leather is nice but I could take it or leave it. I’ve added the rock rails and illuminated door cells which are nice touch.
Good point on the 25 I just wouldn’t be able to get 4-5 k off

Maybe just shop around for a used premie. Many people get the latest and greatest vehicles. The 4Runner trailhunter has a snorkel and will be available soon. Every other bro is gonna jump all over that.

Maybe just shop around for a used premie. Many people get the latest and greatest vehicles. The 4Runner trailhunter has a snorkel and will be available soon. Every other bro is gonna jump all over that.
The 2025 4Runner is going to have SO many more trim levels than the LC. However, I think more focused on the younger (than me!) customer. Forward of the rear seat, the 4Runner interior is a carbon copy of the new Tacoma. Think back to when the 4Runner was born, a modified pickup.

The LC Premium is a significant upgrade over the 1958 both inside and outside. I would work a trade on a 2024.

The '25's will be a long way out before arrival and you will be paying MSRP or above.

They are low-balling you on your 1958. However, that is how it works. You would get more on a private sale, however, the trade has tax benefits.

All in all, I would definitely pay the difference to get into an LC Premium. It's worth a few extra bucks. Buy it, enjoy it, drive it, and keep it for the long haul.

Just put it up for what you paid and see what offers you get cannot hurt.

Back