Talking Cars w/ Consumer Reports: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

I dont value these desk-holes at CR. They are generally retarded. Best videos are from techs or owners who have some time behind the wheel OR previous yota owners. Sorry not sorry

I would never take advice from these dorks...In all seriousness this is a Japanese vehicle and the Japanese mind has different thought process a Land cruiser transports people comfortably from point A to B via city town jungle desert and then to a black tie event....A bronco is to Offroad period

I really enjoyed their review and appreciate their work. I think the three of them do represent how average consumers will assess the LC and its comparable alternatives. The group facilitator and the lady seem like the average consumer who would be most pleased with a unibody vehicle for their main ride. Neither strike me as the type of consumer that would actually buy a body on frame for everyday driving. I don’t believe either would buy a weekend off-road toy as a second vehicle as they suggested.

Taking that into consideration I think they are missing what most of us here understand and appreciate. That Toyota has achieved something truly remarkable with the LC 250 though they do allude to that (not entirely) in their initial assessment. Being that it’s; smaller, more efficient, highly capable, and more affordable than before. All while living up to the reputation of the LC.

The reviewer seated in the middle seemed to be more representative of people who will buy one. We know what to expect from a body on frame vehicle for everyday driving. We also know what to expect from a Bronco, Jeep or Rover in longevity and reliability. I have no faith in a hybrid jeep, bronco or rover (any new rover for that matter). I do believe that this LC will be reliable, practical and actually retain its value in the long term.

Cost of materials, technology and therefore median vehicle price have all increased significantly in recent years. Yet a LCLC premium cost less than the previous base LC. This is what they missed in their review. Also it’s counterintuitive to their objection about its price. Like many have already posted here, the comparably equipped new Bronco is only marginally less expensive. I find the recommendation about buying the older Lexus or Bronco completely out of scope with the task of a new car review.

Other than that I still enjoyed listening to them. At least one reviewer gets it.

Last edited:
I would never take advice from these dorks...In all seriousness this is a Japanese vehicle and the Japanese mind has different thought process a Land cruiser transports people comfortably from point A to B via city town jungle desert and then to a black tie event....A bronco is to Offroad period
Thanks for putting out there what I think appeals to me about the LC. A comfortable way to travel through city or country. With more off-roading capability than I need in case the country side of it leads to some unmaintained roads. It’s just a great blend of everywhere travel. I have to be honest I’m probably not going to be driving this where you wouldn’t take a Subaru, after all I still have to get back home.

I find the recommendation about buying the older Lexus or Bronco completely out of scope with the task of a new car review.
I can see people cross-shopping the KC with a new Bronco but I suppose it’s actually two different but overlapping markets.

The recommendation to buy a used previous generation GX is just lazy.

Back