Question for Owners: Is a Retractable Luggage (Cargo) Cover standard on the 2024 Land Cruiser?

I’m not the guy in that review, but I bought this item and agree. It works well once it’s in place, but does scuff the plastic when you install or uninstall it.

There’s no gap on the sides, it has flexible battens on each side. There’s a gap between it and the rear seats IF you don’t recline them
IMG_2305.jpeg

I’m not the guy in that review, but I bought this item and agree. It works well once it’s in place, but does scuff the plastic when you install or uninstall it.
At the back where it hooks or at the front? And how does this install at the front?

At the back where it hooks or at the front? And how does this install at the front?
There is a hole on either side of the car, but you need to pop out the cover over each hole before installing this.

It’s a bit too wide for both the bar that installs behind the seats and the part that pulls out and hooks in at the rear of the vehicle. I gave the seller the feedback and they seemed to take it seriously. I filed down the part that hooks on at the back of the vehicle a bit, but there not much to do about the big bar. It works, but will likely scuff the plastic going in.

My 58 had no cover. I did put my wifes Highlander cargo cover in there. It fit, but was very sloppily sitting in the 2 little square cutouts. The cutouts are very shallow. I see them on Amzn for $159(ish) for a 2024 LC/Prado//250. Was thinking about trying one.

My 58 had no cover. I did put my wifes Highlander cargo cover in there. It fit, but was very sloppily sitting in the 2 little square cutouts. The cutouts are very shallow. I see them on Amzn for $159(ish) for a 2024 LC/Prado//250. Was thinking about trying one.
The cutouts have plastic covers over them that you need to remove with a slim screwdriver or butter knife. I went back and forth with an Amazon vendor about the fit until they pointed out that I never removed the covers 😂

Where did we end up with cargo covers and sizing? Did anyone find one that is a nice fit? I've heard all sorts of rumors that 5th gen 4runners ones fit and certain ones on amazon work great while others are a tight fit that mar the plastic when sliding in.

Thanks for posting about this. I think I'm going to order one as well.

I bought the Kaungka cover - It was supposed to be here today, but now tomorrow. I will post photos tomorrow afternoon (Hopefully I have it before dark)

Question for those who have received their cruisers - I assume a cargo cover was not included?
Not included in any of the trims.
I would imagine that if it's included, it would be listed on the specs/window sticker as an option added by the dealer.

The Amazon “Kaungka Cargo Cover” fits and is at minimum a good temporary solution for $160. I’ll probably keep it over the $900 oem solution.
This one didn’t actually fit for me - it was ok width-wise, but the cover didn’t extend long enough to latch. It’s possible I just got a dud, but who knows. I ordered a different one on eBay, and I’ll post the link if it ends up working.

I bought a generic one on Amazon, can’t remember seller, and the bar fot, however it would have been too short of a cover when pulled and it was to wide that it started to touch/scratch the plastic. Never would have extended to hook on….and there was feedback from someone that said it fit in a LC250.

Waiting for someone to give feedback on an eBay one!!

I bought the Kaungka cover - It was supposed to be here today, but now tomorrow. I will post photos tomorrow afternoon (Hopefully I have it before dark)
which length did you get ?

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
I got the short one that was recommended for $124. It’s not here yet but in measuring and looking at it earlier today I re-ordered the one for $164 which is supposed to be an exact match for the 550 or the LC. I’m going to return the shorter one, but I’ll check it first (it’s it ever gets here)

This first one is the Retractable cover I received today. IT DOES NOT FIT. It sits in the square holders securely but is not long enough when extended and is too wide when trying to affix it to the curved wall-grooves on each side near the tailgate.

Kaungka Cargo Cover for 2010-2023 Lexus GX GX460 Retractable Trunk Shielding Shade Black $124.62​

NOTE: I have since ordered the one below and think it will do the trick. I won't know until mid-August (when expected to ship):

kaungka Cargo Cover Compatible for 2024 Lexus GX550 Toyota Land Cruiser Lexus Gx550h 2024 Land Cruiser Cargo Cover Retractable Black Trunk Shielding Shade $164.88​

Back