Question for Owners: Is a Retractable Luggage (Cargo) Cover standard on the 2024 Land Cruiser?

I think I ordered the top one as well, just a different seller, and described exactly what you said for fitment.
It was listed for that GX model, too. (Someone had said it fit, but it may have been feedback overall, not the one for the LC)
Yes! Please let us know!!

This first one is the Retractable cover I received today. IT DOES NOT FIT. It sits in the square holders securely but is not long enough when extended and is too wide when trying to affix it to the curved wall-grooves on each side near the tailgate.

Kaungka Cargo Cover for 2010-2023 Lexus GX GX460 Retractable Trunk Shielding Shade Black $124.62​

NOTE: I have since ordered the one below and think it will do the trick. I won't know until mid-August (when expected to ship):

kaungka Cargo Cover Compatible for 2024 Lexus GX550 Toyota Land Cruiser Lexus Gx550h 2024 Land Cruiser Cargo Cover Retractable Black Trunk Shielding Shade $164.88​

That’s the one I bought. It might need some encouragement, but it will fit and the length to the back is long enough.

That’s the one I bought. It might need some encouragement, but it will fit and the length to the back is long enough.
I really struggled to get it all the way back and it was really ,really tight with about an inch to go and it felt like I was going to damage it. Also, I could not get each side into the curved wall grooves, one side kept popping out as the width of the LC was a bit narrower than the cover. I decided that I don't want to struggle to expand the cover when I am parking somewhere and need to quickly cover the back. YMMV. But thank you for the recommendation. Amzn will take it back as a free return.

I just checked. This is the mfgrs statement:

"The cargo cover comes in two size options - 57.9 inches for 2010-2023 GX GX460 and 61 inches for 2024 Land Cruiser GX550, allowing customers to select the right fit for their vehicle."

The first one I bought was the 57.9". Returned it and bought the 61" cargo cover.

Got this eBay one today and it fits well, but there's a significant gap between the bar and the back of the seats. I'm going to keep it anyway because that's good enough for me, but the Amazon one in the links above this post is actually much nicer - it has a flap that attaches to the rear headrests to fill that gap without the back seats reclined.

So tl;dr: The eBay one works but has a gap. If you can wait for the amazon one, it's probably a better match!

Here are a couple of photos of the eBay cover.

IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7005.JPG
IMG_7004.JPG

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So tl;dr: The eBay one works but has a gap. If you can wait for the amazon one, it's probably a better match
Doesn't the bar just fit into two notches on each side of the LC? If those are fixed, and the rear seats are fixed, how can any of them cover the gap behind the seats unless they somehow have a much fatter bar or other design.

Does anyone here have an OEM version they can post a pic of how close it's to the rear seats and how it fits into the sides?

EDIT: oh I see, you mentioned a flap. Does the OEM one have that flap?

double secret edit: here is a pic of what I assume is a Toyota OEM version from a press photo thing. No flap to the headrests so I'm back to being confused on the bar design.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240724-171100.png
    Screenshot_20240724-171100.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
EDIT: oh I see, you mentioned a flap. Does the OEM one have that flap?
Yep, the flap on the amazon is actually pretty clever - I've never seen a design quite like it. If I was gonna do it all over again, I'd buy the correct length Amazon one and call it a day. I was pretty impressed with the quality.

I think Toyota is super confused on LC parts as they are so new.

"Unfortunately, we're unable to fill your order as the product(s) is no longer available. We will be cancelling your order and a refund will be processed in the next business day."

Maybe they mean not available yet? No idea but the search continues.

I emailed another big parts dealer online and asked them about and attached the PDF to show it can't be discontinued. I'll update when I hear back.

Last edited:
I received the new GX550/‘24LC retractable cargo cover today. I like it. It fits perfectly. I noticed there’s no front flap that attaches to the rear of the seats, but consider only paid about $160 for this. I like it and it does the job.

Attachments

• IMG_6837.jpeg
    IMG_6837.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6839.jpeg
    IMG_6839.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 90
I received the new GX550/‘24LC retractable cargo cover today. I like it. It fits perfectly. I noticed there’s no front flap that attaches to the rear of the seats, but consider only paid about $160 for this. I like it and it does the job.
Can you share the link to the one you ultimately went with?

How did you guys find anything for the 2024 Land Cruiser on toyotapartsdeal.com? Their model year selector only lists years up to 2023.

I am looking for the all-weather cargo tray for a FE. Can't find it for sale on the official Toyota parts/accessories web site or anywhere else.
I just bought the all weather cargo mat from my local Toyota dealership. Ordered it online. Think I paid $108 + tax for it. Here is a pic of the part #

Attachments

• IMG_9687.jpeg
    IMG_9687.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 103
Can you share the link to the one you ultimately went with?
yes, This one, but what's interesting I that it no longer shows up on Amazon and when i click this link for my purchase, it takes me to the incorrect one that I had previously ordered and returned (that fit the GX460 and older LC's) So I don't know if this was the last one they had.
1722876366059.png

My LC FE did Not come with one. Has the spots for it, but, nothing. Just came with the rear cargo door cover.

My LC FE did Not come with one. Has the spots for it, but, nothing. Just came with the rear cargo door cover.
Neither did mine. Dangit. So I went with ceramic window tint, 35 on the front doors, 45 on everything behind them. And the sun roof glass.

I do like the rear cargo door cover. I might have to bolster the little loops at some point in the future.

Back