Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

So I got the code and was able to pull up the page. The source code (preview) seems to be just a break down of the web page. I couldn't find any additional information that I didn't already know. I located the ETA, it was blank and that's what I really wanted.

(edit) I assume if the toyota.com web page lists it as "may be in transit, call dealer" the ETA will be blank. Well at least if I check it and there's a date in the ETA line, I'll know it's on it's way.

Last edited:
Was just informed by my salesman that the white LC I'm getting is at port but is on a QC hold for 58 more days. Hoping it's not that long but don't mind for QC lol.

Yeah! went from "QC hold" to "processing" probably doesn't mean much, but at least it's doing something.

The Toyota inventory web page still shows "may be in transit" but the dealer's tracker has the status update.

Last edited:
So I got the code and was able to pull up the page. The source code (preview) seems to be just a break down of the web page. I couldn't find any additional information that I didn't already know. I located the ETA, it was blank and that's what I really wanted.

(edit) I assume if the toyota.com web page lists it as "may be in transit, call dealer" the ETA will be blank. Well at least if I check it and there's a date in the ETA line, I'll know it's on it's way.

This is what you should see if you are looking in the right place, of course my dates just slipped out i guess... from 6/4-20 to 6/17-7/3 now :cautious:
1717448928308.png

My Land Cruiser First Edition is being held after offloading in Portland, Oregon. I hear from the dealer that it will be held for 30 days. The dealer is being told that skid plates need installation. This makes no sense to me. First, if the car needs skid plates, they can obviously be quickly installed by the dealer's mechanics. Second, what is the cost to Toyota and the dealer to leave these trucks sitting around. Third, why would skid plates not be installed at the factory? I worked as a Lonshoreman and offloaded cars in the Port of Seattle. The trucks can be lashed to the ship's deck with skid plates already installed. The fact that these trucks are being held at various locations points to either a manufacturing flaw or a lately discovered safety issue that needs to be corrected. I am angry that Toyota is not transparent about its "quality control" hold.

So do you know if vspec “PORT” is the designation for the port (Port of Long Beach) or port in the sense of porting the information over to the code?

Does the Port of Long Beach have enough room to stockpile all the Landcruisers coming in? Or, did they stop/slow shipping from Japan?

My Land Cruiser First Edition is being held after offloading in Portland, Oregon. I hear from the dealer that it will be held for 30 days. The dealer is being told that skid plates need installation. This makes no sense to me. First, if the car needs skid plates, they can obviously be quickly installed by the dealer's mechanics. Second, what is the cost to Toyota and the dealer to leave these trucks sitting around. Third, why would skid plates not be installed at the factory? I worked as a Lonshoreman and offloaded cars in the Port of Seattle. The trucks can be lashed to the ship's deck with skid plates already installed. The fact that these trucks are being held at various locations points to either a manufacturing flaw or a lately discovered safety issue that needs to be corrected. I am angry that Toyota is not transparent about its "quality control" hold.
When did your FE get there? Mine was assembled on 3/21 and has been there in Portland since 4/22.. still waiting.

No offense to the dealers, but they’re all blowing smoke as every dealer has a different story for the QC hold. Consensus here (and also on the GX forums) is an issue with a small percentage of sunroof drain channel/hoses - possibly a pinch in the drain hose preventing adequate drainage. Presumably Toyota will need to inspect and apply a fix to the affected vehicles. TBD on whether they have a fix yet…

Attachments

• IMG_7899.jpeg
    IMG_7899.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 73
All Toyotas get their final assembly at the port. They send out a vanilla vehicle and at the port they will put on the parts to make it a specific trim. Things like skid plates, roof racks, and wheels get done at the port.

Also, the port installed options get put on there too. These include things like dash cams, the illuminated entry plates, and items added like first aid kits, cargo Nets, and other things.

If the LC you are looking at has a sunroof, it is being held because of a quality issue, not because it needs skid plates installed.

Back