Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

So what is the speculation as to how much time this actually adds to delivery of vehicles that just arrived in port? Do they proceed as normal installing skid plates / running boards / all the PIO and just have to deal with the QC issue, meaning some delay but maybe not much worse than the 2 or 3 weeks it seems like it was taking to get these Land Cruisers through the port?

This from my dealer today (5/29/24):

"Unfortunately, it sounds like the Land Cruisers might be on hold for a bit. Our rep had no guess on a timeline, but the hold stems from an issue with the sunroof and they do not have a remedy for the issue yet. I will keep you in the loop as I learn more."

Good times...

I'd settle for accepting it with a faulty sunroof, as long as it doesn't leak. The dealership can fix it later when they get the parts. My concern if the sunroofs are leaking now and the big delay is from them having to rip out the interior to clean out the mold etc........ I paid a hefty dealer markup, and no way in the world am I'm going to pay this much money for a vehicle that has mold!

I'd settle for accepting it with a faulty sunroof, as long as it doesn't leak. The dealership can fix it later when they get the parts. My concern if the sunroofs are leaking now and the big delay is from them having to rip out the interior to clean out the mold etc........ I paid a hefty dealer markup, and no way in the world am I'm going to pay this much money for a vehicle that has mold!
No way Toyota would knowingly assume that risk if leaking was the issue. They’d have plastic over all of the LCs on the lots to prevent this - and photos from this week show them uncovered and sitting. Doubt leaking is this issue.

Just found out my FE that was on a vessel 5/24 has been put on QC hold😔

Was planning on heading down to the PNW Overland Expo at the end of June in the LC and my new RTT. Now I may be ground camping in a rental… oh well.

🐎 🛒

No way Toyota would knowingly assume that risk if leaking was the issue. They’d have plastic over all of the LCs on the lots to prevent this - and photos from this week show them uncovered and sitting. Doubt leaking is this issue.
I agree, however if (big if) they found a some that had water, even a slight amount, and fixed those few etc....... Accura had an issue several years ago with their sunroof tracks being misaligned/bad parts from the factory. My close friend kept having to get the dealer to fix some squeaking and slow opening in the sunroof, the dealer finally agreed to remove the sunroof and replace the tracks...... when they did they found severe rust. Her car was less than a year old and garage kept........... somebody knew something and didn't disclose it. She ended up with her headliner being replaced etc....... and sold it soon after it was repaired.

Based off what I’ve read, it doesn’t sound like any cars are getting processed / delivered to dealers that weren’t already on the lot except for 1958s…. Does anybody understand the situation to be different? Just curious if everyone is in same boat (sans 1958) or if it’s just certain units that got hit with QC.

Based off what I’ve read, it doesn’t sound like any cars are getting processed / delivered to dealers that weren’t already on the lot except for 1958s…. Does anybody understand the situation to be different? Just curious if everyone is in same boat (sans 1958) or if it’s just certain units that got hit with QC.
Same understanding here. There are a couple of buyers that have taken delivery of FEs during the hold but I believe those vehicles had cleared port/transport prior to it.

Mine just got to Denver railroad station with delivery to dealer in 3-5 days according to my salesman.

Members have stated that the problem is probably with the moon roof and the delay doesn't seem to effect the 1958 Model which doesn't have that roof.

So I entered my Vin # into the owners portal and it shows a green check next to No recall. I have never looked at it but I wonder if that is new or current?

Back