Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Bad news -

I’m getting the same QC description from the Toyota owners app when I input my VIN:

Overview

Vehicle Stability Control System

Description

A malfunction in the VSC, TRAC, or hill-start assist control system has been detected. Do not rely on these systems.
Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected.

Attachments

• IMG_7772.png
    IMG_7772.png
    882 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7771.png
    IMG_7771.png
    721.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7770.png
    IMG_7770.png
    137 KB · Views: 145
Bad news -

I’m getting the same QC description from the Toyota owners app when I input my VIN:

Overview

Vehicle Stability Control System

Description

A malfunction in the VSC, TRAC, or hill-start assist control system has been detected. Do not rely on these systems.
Contact your Toyota dealer to have your vehicle inspected.
This is most likely a software update.

This is most likely a software update.
That would be great! Corroborated through Groq (Llama3)

Based on the notice, it appears that there is a malfunction in the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), or Hill-Start Assist Control (HSA) system. This is likely a software or firmware issue, rather than a hardware problem.

In most cases, a malfunction like this would require a software update or a reflash of the vehicle's computer system. This is a common solution for issues related to electronic control systems like VSC, TRAC, and HSA.

When you take your vehicle to the dealer for inspection, they will likely perform a diagnostic test to identify the root cause of the malfunction. If it's a software issue, the dealer may be able to update the software or firmware remotely or through a software update tool. If the issue is more complex, they may need to perform additional repairs or replace faulty components.

It's worth noting that Toyota has a reputation for addressing software-related issues through over-the-air updates, so it's possible that the dealer may be able to update the software remotely. However, the exact solution will depend on the specific cause of the malfunction and the dealer's assessment of the issue.

In any case, it's good that you received this notice, as it allows you to take proactive steps to address the issue before taking delivery of your new vehicle.

This was on a Facebook post, but not sure if it means anything or is somewhat coincidental (OP wasn't sure either)
That was my post, I am waiting for an RK FE in TD. My dates dropped out in SmartPath. Dealer doesn’t know about any QC hold, just said they received their first two units so he expects it soon. He’s selling at TSRP so not pushing too much.

My dealer has one on the floor now. This was the third one allocated. My original one was their first allocation and it has been at port 7 weeks. I could have taken it yesterday but waiting on the Meteor Shower one that was allocated and is due in next few weeks.

So to summarize this QC hold appears to be no big deal? Or at least they're still selling units? Maybe solved by this coming Friday if it's just a software thing?

Mine was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago, it’s been sitting at Benecia Ca port . Dealer seems to be out of the loop on any details.

In my mind, my FE LC, which was supposed to be here by mid-late May, will only be late, if it arrives in late August. We sold one of our cars to get ready for it, but, we are doing surprisingly well with just one vehicle. Think of the money I am saving by keeping my $78K in the stock market for a few more months!!! Hope springs eternal.

In my mind, my FE LC, which was supposed to be here by mid-late May, will only be late, if it arrives in late August. We sold one of our cars to get ready for it, but, we are doing surprisingly well with just one vehicle. Think of the money I am saving by keeping my $78K in the stock market for a few more months!!! Hope springs eternal.
Right there with you as we offloaded a vehicle two weeks ago in anticipation. We’ve managed so far but looking forward to getting the LC as there’s a lot of coordination required to manage four crazy schedules.

For those that have taken delivery already - has anyone checked in with their dealer to determine what/if any recalls have been issued alongside the QC delays? Imagine this will be the quickest way to gauge duration of the delay.
Mine has no Safety Recalls / Service Campaigns. I'll let you know if I get one.

Mine was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago, it’s been sitting at Benecia Ca port . Dealer seems to be out of the loop on any details.
The original one I had ordered arrived in Benicia 3/28. Still there. A later one that was allocated to the dealer has been delivered. I have checked it out but waiting on the Meteor Shower one since I will be out of the country until July and no need to pay for it until I am going to drive it.

Maybe this means nothing, but last Friday my dealer's web site listing for my vehicle deleted the date on the vehicle availability which it had shown all along. Like everyone else on this thread, I assumed that the QC hold must've been to blame, but as of this morning it's back to showing the following:
"Vehicle is in build phase. Contact dealer to confirm availability. Estimated availability 06/25/24"

Maybe this is a good sign??!!

A few days ago my dealer had 9 LCs listed on their site. Today they have 7, my FE (along with another FE) being the two removed. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

A few days ago my dealer had 9 LCs listed on their site. Today they have 7, my FE (along with another FE) being the two removed. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign.
I've had that happen twice to mine. Both times were due to options being changed.

The first time, I requested the roof rack option. The second time, the factory removed the "Illuminated Door Sill" option (I guess they ran out of parts).

Both times, my car disappeared from the dealer's website for a few days. When it reappeared, it was updated with the above changes.

Interesting. I didn't request any changes, but I wonder if one of the options is getting removed due to availability.

Both of the FEs they had were identical builds, just different colors.

Options on both are (were).
  • Carpet Floor Mats
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Quick Charging Cable Package

For whatever it’s worth, my dealer just got its first and only FE delivered by gulf states.

Interestingly enough, in my 20 mile radius there are two dealers with the EXACT same configuration of LC. Trim, colors, port options, delivery window. The VINs are different so they are different vehicles.

The other dealer still shows the original window of 5/23-6/09. My allocation still displays like it's on QC hold with no date shown. These trucks are literally exactly the same with just a different VIN.

Not sure if the one just hasn't been updated to reflect the hold, or if I am to believe my original delivery window still stands despite being on QC hold.

Strangely enough i noticed, the ones with the illuminated door sills PIO (like mine) have disappeared off smartpath. Possible shortage or deletion of that option?

Last time my LC disappeared off smartpath it reappeared a week or so later with TRD air filter removed. I'm wondering if that will happen again with another PIO (delete them if they don't arrive by a certain time).

Has anyone figured out a better way of getting information from Toyota regarding the vehicles sitting at port? It seems like the dealerships have zero information.

I’ve contacted Toyota brand engagement as well as Toyota’s vehicle service logistics center at port, and they both say talk to the dealer for updates.

I realize the quality control hold affects most LCs in the pipeline, but mine was sitting there for a month before the hold with zero info.

Back