2024 Land Cruiser First Impressions

WBrown

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 4, 2024
sonoma ca
Considering purchasing a 2024 Land Cruiser and would like to hear any first impressions from recent buyers fortunate enough to snag one.

Considering purchasing a 2024 Land Cruiser and would like to hear any first impressions from recent buyers fortunate enough to snag one.
Do a search on the forum. There are plenty of threads where people have bought and reviewed their Land Cruisers. So have taken them on off road trips and extended trips and have posted the reviews already.

A little over 30 days in with my First Edition. It's been a great ride. Solid powertrain, great interior, quiet cabin, and an overall a well thought out vehicle. I'm happy with it. It's my daily - only mods are tires and soon to be wheels (they are on backorder).

A little over 30 days in with my First Edition. It's been a great ride. Solid powertrain, great interior, quiet cabin, and an overall a well thought out vehicle. I'm happy with it. It's my daily - only mods are tires and soon to be wheels (they are on backorder).
What wheels and tires are you ordering? Iโ€™m waiting on my LC grade with 20 inch wheels that I hadnโ€™t wanted, so considering my options.

What wheels and tires are you ordering? Iโ€™m waiting on my LC grade with 20 inch wheels that I hadnโ€™t wanted, so considering my options.
Method 705's Matte Black - 18x9 | 6x5.5 | 18/5.75" - Just enough offset with the fenders and should still tuck the spare nicely to allow for a 5 tire rotation.

Tires are BFG KO3's... LT265 /70 R18 124S E1

I jumped the gun on tires, now working backwards on wheels. This is my daily so not worried about a lift - more about fitment overall.

Here are my first impressions.
Now a couple of weeks in, to the negatives I would only add the noise from the Vehicle Proximity Notification System at low speeds. I find it quite annoying that it is audible inside the vehicle.
Continue to be impresses with the engine (though it does sound just like a 4-cylinder with turbos), the tech, and comfortable interior. I don't find the ride smooth but I think the tires are a little over inflated and it has those dang 20 inchers with the short sidewall. Looking for someone with an FE who wants to trade wheels!

Got mine last week.

Higher than expectations - i) Fit and finish are solid made in Japan ii) Was worried would have brake dive and have a boat feeling around corners in my experience better than a 4runner and expectations iii) Plenty of torque off the line. iv) Meteor shower pops better than expected. v) Size is perfect and looks amazing inside and out. In my opinion better than next gen 4runner or GX550.

Negatives - i) Engine is buzzy. When it trys to conserve gas in the 1.5K to 2K rpm the hybrid in more in play and can have a slight vibration if going up a hill etc ii) Engine breaking in the mountains won't be great. I make fun of people that ride their brakes and not use their gears when it snows. It's heavy so will have to rev up that 4 cyl to get some engine breaking. iii) Lots of tech to figure out. I put my bike rack on and took awhile to learn have to have in trailer mode and brake assist off.

Nothing wrong with the motor or anything. My last two cars were a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 v8 and a 2012 Land Rover LR4 with a 5.0 V8. So if you just put them in sport mode on an 8 cylinder slows the car down without brakes when going down hill. Whereas a heavy car with only 4 cylinders LC has half the engine braking is all. It still engine brakes you just got to get the rpm up more lol :) It was just something new didn't think about of 4 vs 8 cylinder. There may be a hybrid mode for it to absorb coasting energy I haven't figured that out yet. Overall love the LC very happy with it.

I got mine on Tuesday and so far I love it and have no regrets.
Hi, does your Land Cruiser seem to be a bit bumpy on city streets? And, does the shifting when coming to a stop seem fairly pronounced to you?

Just got my Land Cruiser (Land Cruiser Trim).

Hi, does your Land Cruiser seem to be a bit bumpy on city streets? And, does the shifting when coming to a stop seem fairly pronounced to you?

Just got my Land Cruiser (Land Cruiser Trim).
Rogo did you check your tire psi? Theyre coming from factory way over inflated. Should be 31psi

I am 2 months and 2500 miles in. A family event has had me making frequent trips up I-95. I can attest that the LC Premium makes a great daily driver and highway cruiser. It is quiet and comfortable, more nimble than you would think, and with good visibility and driving position. I have embraced all the "nanny" features except the driver monitoring, which I found to be too intrusive and poorly designed. The adaptive cruise control and the Traffic Jam Assist area godsend on a road like I-95.

Around town it drives smaller than its size because the square shape makes it easy to place and easy to judge the side's location.

This is my first hybrid and it took me a while to adjust to the different feel of the brakes and accelerator. They are less linear and the gas pedal requires a lighter touch so the ICE doesn't kick in abruptly. My other car has a manual transmission and I find myself not giving it enough gas when I let the clutch out. But this has been an easy transmission.

I love it and I'm glad I bought it.

Back