LC Trim base level stereo

I took it apart today to have a look, no real added complexity from the camera or other speakers. Looks like the JBL system has a different part # for the woofer (86150-60430), not sure what is actually different than the standard LC system. Did your woofer have a 4 wire connector? If so did you get an adapter to connect to the MSW or splice the wires?
Hmm the base LC had a 2 wire connector, did you happen to get a photo or anything? You can see the blue/black cable connecting at the bottom of the speaker of the MSW photo above.

I used the metra 72-8109 wiring harness for all 8 speakers (including the hatch): Amazon.com

I had to trim the spade connectors off the wiring harness and replace with larger ones since the MSW had slightly different wiring connectors

I finally got the rest of the parts in and got everything swapped out. The fataliPro 4" woofer was too large to fit in to the center dash position, but the 8" Morel MSW 265 woofer fit perfectly into the rear hatch. I also picked up an oscilloscope to try and tease out what signal gets sent to to each speaker. There seems to be pretty active DSP on all the channels, which will limit the system performance, no matter what woofer you put in the hatch, it will never go below ~20hz due to the xovers.

20-100hz Rear Hatch Woofer
100-400hz front doors
400-20k L/R dash
1k-20k center dash

didnt test the rear doors, but i think they are full range

I dropped the woofer mounting it and dented the dust cap... But it was the perfect size to fit w/o a bracket, just drill 6x 1/8" holes in the metal to mount it

I’m looking to install a powered shallow subwoofer and usually tap into the vehicles existing subwoofer for inputs since RCA inputs from factory head unit isn’t available. I understand the factory subwoofer in rear hatch is dual purpose for active noise cancelling and narrow range of bass. Did just switching the subwoofer make a big difference despite no addition of an amplifier? Also, do you think tapping into the rear hatch subwoofer as inputs for a powered amp/high pass filter is supplying an adequate signal to supply powered subwoofer? I have the First Edition with JBL 14 speaker setup.

I’m looking to install a powered shallow subwoofer and usually tap into the vehicles existing subwoofer for inputs since RCA inputs from factory head unit isn’t available. I understand the factory subwoofer in rear hatch is dual purpose for active noise cancelling and narrow range of bass. Did just switching the subwoofer make a big difference despite no addition of an amplifier? Also, do you think tapping into the rear hatch subwoofer as inputs for a powered amp/high pass filter is supplying an adequate signal to supply powered subwoofer? I have the First Edition with JBL 14 speaker setup.
For the base 10 speaker system I think just swapping the sub made a pretty big improvement. I can't speak to the JBL system though. The Morel has pretty high sensitivity so it does well without an amp

If the JBL system has the same aggressive crossovers applied to the subwoofer signal, I don't know how much benefit adding an amp would give you when using the sub signal as input.

Back