Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Think he's just blowing salesman smoke, but this is what my salesman has to say. Doesn't explain the portland delays, or why they would hold it in Japan if it just needs to change port of arrival.

1000005854.jpg

My dealer has 9 incoming, all RK.

3 still have dates. The other 6 do not - including my FE which has been stuck in LA since 4/30. 😞

This of course is not something the dealer has any control over, so please take it easy on your sales guy if your car is stuck.

My dealer has 9 incoming, all RK.

3 still have dates. The other 6 do not - including my FE which has been stuck in LA since 4/30. 😞

This of course is not something the dealer has any control over, so please take it easy on your sales guy if your car is stuck.
Yeah I basically just told mine "Thanks, hopefully it isn't long". It's not his fault. My dealer does still have 2 with dates, but they're late June dates. All of the may and early June LCs are on hold.

If Salesmans are honest about situations, It's not their fault and my understanding and courtesy is reciprocated...... I don't see how the Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore has anything to do with delays in Portland (happened to me at my dealer), so I got "Don't BS me" very quickly

Does anyone have a concrete idea of what this is?

I haven't called my dealer to see if this even affects me, I thought I would wait a couple of days to see if there was some clarity, has anyone actually been told what the deal is?

I just heard this from my salesman this morning: "Toyota has just put a hold on the Land Cruisers that are at the port. They never tell us why." This is SFBay area.

I just heard this from my salesman this morning: "Toyota has just put a hold on the Land Cruisers that are at the port. They never tell us why." This is SFBay area.
They put a hold on more than just the land cruisers at the port. Mine has cleared the port, and cleared rail, just waiting to get on a truck for the final leg of delivery and it was put on QC hold yesterday.

I think They discovered a problem in manufacturing and everything is on hold for at a minimum an inspection.

They put a hold on more than just the land cruisers at the port. Mine has cleared the port, and cleared rail, just waiting to get on a truck for the final leg of delivery and it was put on QC hold yesterday.

I think They discovered a problem in manufacturing and everything is on hold for at a minimum an inspection.
Same situation for me. Mine supposedly just made it via rail to MN and was ready for the last leg by semi when it got pulled.

Is everyone here with QC Holds Mid-Tier Trims or is this applying to FE & 1958 too?

The QC Hold reminds me when the BZ4X got delayed cause the bolts weren't secured right on the wheels :ROFLMAO:. Doubt it's anything that major, just something that either needs to be inspected or swapped. Hopefully we'll know more in a week or two.

The waiting game is hard, gotta continue distracting myself...

Is everyone here with QC Holds Mid-Tier Trims or is this applying to FE & 1958 too?

The QC Hold reminds me when the BZ4X got delayed cause the bolts weren't secured right on the wheels :ROFLMAO:. Doubt it's anything that major, just something that either needs to be inspected or swapped. Hopefully we'll know more in a week or two.

Mine is FE...

Similar situation here, I'm in Nashville and its on a train a couple days away and I was told this morning it too was put on a QC hold. I saw one get delivered to Cool Springs on Friday and was hoping it was a just port thing but it is definitely not.

Mine was supposed to be processed in Long Beach today and is on QC hold.

As is the FE that I had previously reserved and was supposed to be here 2 weeks before the LC trim w/ premium package which I switched to.

I have a FE that was just put on hold. Been at the port in Portland since early April.

A friend informed me it's not just LCs that have been put on QC hold. Their 4 Runner was also put on QC hold.

This was on a Facebook post, but not sure if it means anything or is somewhat coincidental (OP wasn't sure either)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_203502_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_203502_Facebook.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 439
Can't read it....:oops:
Sorry, took a screenshot. Says they added their VIN to the Toyota iOS app and got a vehicle alert saying there was a malfunction in the Stability Control System. They didn't know if that could be the QC issue or if that's something disabled while the vehicle is in transit and could be a coincidence.

I just entered my FE VIN on the Toyota site under my account. Says there are no recalls. And, still shows it as “May be in transit” with arrival late May mid June. HOWEVER, my dealer told me today that it has been put on the QC delay. What gives Toyota?????????

Back