Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

I would agree with that. I got on the No Markup Toyota last night, and if I wanted to fly to OH, IN, MO, I would get a LC today in the color I want! WA Zip, they are all spoken for. (huffs)
The FE is a nice truck, but I didn't want the sliders/roof rack/wheels on the truck. I'll be adding sliders and another set of wheels for the off-road stuff, so I thought the extra $7K could better spent on after market items than what Toyota was including on the FE. Did I mention that I really hate black wheels? lol. Just a personal preference from a guy who keeps his vehicles immaculate.

The FE is a nice truck, but I didn't want the sliders/roof rack/wheels on the truck. I'll be adding sliders and another set of wheels for the off-road stuff, so I thought the extra $7K could better spent on after market items than what Toyota was including on the FE. Did I mention that I really hate black wheels? lol. Just a personal preference from a guy who keeps his vehicles immaculate.
Just curious, how much is the expectation for a nice set of roof rack, rock slider, and skid plate? May we also guess that the rounded headlight is also slightly more expensive than the LED one on LC trim?

Westcott Designs have nice sliders around $1500 (999-1799 depending on options) and a nice rack for $1000. The LC comes with a skid plate, but the FE may have an upgraded skid plate. I'd rather have the WD stuff vs. Toyota. Depending on whether you lift the truck with pre-load collars ($500) or a complete suspension (a lot more than $500!), you could spend a little or a lot. Same goes for getting 17" wheels with off-road tires, you can go basic steel or something like a Method wheel. I actually prefer the rectangular headlamp, so that wasn't an issue for me!

Westcott Designs have nice sliders around $1500 (999-1799 depending on options) and a nice rack for $1000. The LC comes with a skid plate, but the FE may have an upgraded skid plate. I'd rather have the WD stuff vs. Toyota. Depending on whether you lift the truck with pre-load collars ($500) or a complete suspension (a lot more than $500!), you could spend a little or a lot. Same goes for getting 17" wheels with off-road tires, you can go basic steel or something like a Method wheel. I actually prefer the rectangular headlamp, so that wasn't an issue for me!
I tried to look if anybody provides a side-by-side comparison between the round headlight and rectangle headlight, but so far I couldn’t find it. Funny to say this but that was a bigger part of my preference of FE over LC trim, didn’t quite make sense I know.

Another thing I am debating is whether I should stick with the stock roof rack, or get something heavier and sturdier. I love the sunroof, so not sure how a full size roof rack can still keep that sunroof functional.

I tried to look if anybody provides a side-by-side comparison between the round headlight and rectangle headlight, but so far I couldn’t find it. Funny to say this but that was a bigger part of my preference of FE over LC trim, didn’t quite make sense I know.

Another thing I am debating is whether I should stick with the stock roof rack, or get something heavier and sturdier. I love the sunroof, so not sure how a full size roof rack can still keep that sunroof functional.
I'd send an email/call Westcott Designs and ask them if the sunroof is still operational with the rack in place. I have no plan for a rack, but I'd be willing to put it on when needed and remove when not in use just to keep using my moonroof.

Got the “call” this morning. I emphasized to not drill the front plate on. Canceled all of the day’s meetings and I arrived at Kearny Mesa Toyota at 2pm. I Chopped it up with the finance guy and got the overview from the sales dude. Whole process took about an hour. Enjoy your taco Tuesday and the pix

View attachment 3838View attachment 3848
Too bad he can't drive like that. I wish the LC had rolled down Windows like the 4Runner

Back