Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Thanks for the advice! Yes, my LC is (was?) on rails and is/was due in KC on 27 August. So, I guess they'll just have to let me pester them a little bit!
BTW.. if I sound like bitter Betty .. it’s because they courted me when I was buying the car. I said I’m not so sure about these wheels. I like the 20 inch don’t worry that’s easy swap, I said I like the square lights more so than rounds. I don’t know if I should buy this car, and they said it’s an easy swap even Toyota says that don’t worry. I bought the car and inquired about the headlights being swapped. They said we can’t do it. I asked him to look into it and give me a call and they never called.
I’ve had my FE for about a month Luckily, I have fallen in love with my car. … so don’t really care to change anything at this point. But if I did care, I would’ve been disappointed by the after the sell behavior.

You’re excited and it’s a big purchase so don’t feel bad and if you’re like a lot of us on here, you’ve been waiting for a long time to get it

Reactions: MJE
BTW.. if I sound like bitter Betty .. it’s because they courted me when I was buying the car. I said I’m not so sure about these wheels. I like the 20 inch don’t worry that’s easy swap, I said I like the square lights more so than rounds. I don’t know if I should buy this car, and they said it’s an easy swap even Toyota says that don’t worry. I bought the car and inquired about the headlights being swapped. They said we can’t do it. I asked him to look into it and give me a call and they never called.
I’ve had my FE for about a month Luckily, I have fallen in love with my car. … so don’t really care to change anything at this point. But if I did care, I would’ve been disappointed by the after the sell behavior.

You’re excited and it’s a big purchase so don’t feel bad and if you’re like a lot of us on here, you’ve been waiting for a long time to get it
I actually changed my mind on color. I had a Meteor Shower arrive in mid-July while I was not home, but still had not seen the Heritage Blue. I liked the Metor Shower a lot, but once I finally saw the Heritage Blue in late July, I told the dealer to sell it and that I was changing to Heritage Blue (love this color!). I managed to snag a reservation for a Heritage Blue from two different dealers almost immediately and I'm just waiting on delivery. If something isn't right with one of the dealers, I'll just move on to the other.
The only thing I wanted different was the interior color (I'd prefer Java, but black is ok.)

I actually changed my mind on color. I had a Meteor Shower arrive in mid-July while I was not home, but still had not seen the Heritage Blue. I liked the Metor Shower a lot, but once I finally saw the Heritage Blue in late July, I told the dealer to sell it and that I was changing to Heritage Blue (love this color!). I managed to snag a reservation for a Heritage Blue from two different dealers almost immediately and I'm just waiting on delivery. If something isn't right with one of the dealers, I'll just move on to the other.
The only thing I wanted different was the interior color (I'd prefer Java, but black is ok.)
Congrats - blue is pretty cool, I think Toyota did a really great job on colors.

I have talked to three dealers in Bay Area so far. It is interested that not not a single dealer have seen First Edition so far, while in the same time they have good amount of LC and 1958 in their lot unsold. I do noticed that all the dealer try to upgrade their car to be as close to First Edition as possible. So it is still a big myth what is about First Edition so special that nobody in Northern California has seen it.

So it is still a big myth what is about First Edition so special that nobody in Northern California has seen it.
The First Edition is limited to 5,000 vehicles this year. They have all been spoken for last I heard (I could be wrong). The other trim levels are not manufactured (imported) with a limit to their numbers.

I heard a long time ago that there were never more than 5,000 Land Cruisers imported per year, of ANY trim level. (Again, I could be wrong). So the newer leaner LC250’s may upset a big trend in domestic LC sales.

The First Edition is limited to 5,000 vehicles this year. They have all been spoken for last I heard (I could be wrong). The other trim levels are not manufactured (imported) with a limit to their numbers.

I heard a long time ago that there were never more than 5,000 Land Cruisers imported per year, of ANY trim level. (Again, I could be wrong). So the newer leaner LC250’s may upset a big trend in domestic LC sales.
The old land cruiser was sold for only a few thousands vehicles a year (You can see the sales number), at least for the last 10 years before it was stopped. I think it might because LC is always very pricy in places people wouldn't be able to appreciate from the spec. So instead of spending $85K on LC, 4-Runner and Sequoia makes more sense in each of their own way. I feel this generation of LC will probably follow the same suit, have a higher sales figures in the first few years, and slowly dying down from other models like 4-Runner, which can provide similar spec on the paper with significantly lower price point.

What frustrated for me is that I believe there are actually a lot of FE waiting in the port for a few months by now, but for some reason Toyota can't release them to the dealers. But in the same time I see people from other area keeps reporting their purchase of the FE. It almost feels like California has been deprioritized by Toyota for some reason. (note people in this area will likely be one of the most capable communities to pay for the high price of FE. I now see way more GX550, Cybertruck, R1T/R1S, even Hummer EV on the street than LC in general)

Last edited:
The old land cruiser was sold for only a few thousands vehicles a year (You can see the sales number), at least for the last 10 years before it was stopped. I think it might because LC is always very pricy in places people wouldn't be able to appreciate from the spec. So instead of spending $85K on LC, 4-Runner and Sequoia makes more sense in each of their own way. I feel this generation of LC will probably follow the same suit, have a higher sales figures in the first few years, and slowly dying down from other models like 4-Runner, which can provide similar spec on the paper with significantly lower price point.

What frustrated for me is that I believe there are actually a lot of FE waiting in the port for a few months by now, but for some reason Toyota can't release them to the dealers. But in the same time I see people from other area keeps reporting their purchase of the FE. It almost feels like California has been deprioritized by Toyota for some reason. (note people in this area will likely be one of the most capable communities to pay for the high price of FE. I now see way more GX550, Cybertruck, R1T/R1S, even Hummer EV on the street than LC in general)
One of the most Capable community of paying the high price of an FE…..
I don’t think California holds a special place for the rich. I’m pretty sure you might be able to find those people elsewhere. In 2019 my small Toyota dealership had two brand new land cruisers, (Rare) one of which I snagged for the low low price of 86,000. I wasn’t looking for a FE when I found mine, I just bought it because I loved it. It wasn’t a status symbol for me. The 3019 Land Cruiser I bought I bought because I had wanted one for 25 + years and finally allowed myself the privilege, made possible by hard work. Having said that there are plenty of people on here that work in the car industry that do seem to believe that the FE will hold its value. With it only being 5000 units of that specific make, they could be right, they could be wrong. But that’s probably what’s so special about it. Here in my small community I see the exact vehicles that you see. I see cyber trucks everywhere didn’t even know they made in a red red color. The hummer at over $100,000 see multiple of those. I’m seeing GX I see Land Rovers and Range rovers all over the place as well as Maserati and Porsche. I don’t know the reason that you’re not seeing them but other places can afford these vehicles also.

I don’t think California holds a special place for the rich. I’m pretty sure you might be able to find those people elsewhere. In 2019 my small Toyota dealership had two brand new land cruisers, (Rare) one of which I snagged for the low low price of 86,000. I wasn’t looking for a FE when I found mine, I just bought it because I loved it. It wasn’t a status symbol for me. The 3019 Land Cruiser I bought I bought because I had wanted one for 25 + years and finally allowed myself the privilege, made possible by hard work. Having said that there are plenty of people on here that work in the car industry that do seem to believe that the FE will hold its value. With it only being 5000 units of that specific make, they could be right, they could be wrong. But that’s probably what’s so special about it. Here in my small community I see the exact vehicles that you see. I see cyber trucks everywhere didn’t even know they made in a red red color. The hummer at over $100,000 see multiple of those. I’m seeing GX I see Land Rovers and Range rovers all over the place as well as Maserati and Porsche. I don’t know the reason that you’re not seeing them but other places can afford these vehicles also.
This is a great point. Like you, I've wanted an LC for years and explored used ones often. My circumstances and the 250 made them finally accessible.

We all buy them for our own reasons. Whether it's to impress others or simply to drive a great machine or to own a legit off roader, it doesn't matter. Just buy it and enjoy it. Criticize what you don't like - that's your right. Praise what you do like. Or do neither. It's your truck.

I have learned as much on this forum from people I disagree with as I have from the ones I agree with. We're all here to share experiences.

This is a great point. Like you, I've wanted an LC for years and explored used ones often. My circumstances and the 250 made them finally accessible.

We all buy them for our own reasons. Whether it's to impress others or simply to drive a great machine or to own a legit off roader, it doesn't matter. Just buy it and enjoy it. Criticize what you don't like - that's your right. Praise what you do like. Or do neither. It's your truck.

I have learned as much on this forum from people I disagree with as I have from the ones I agree with. We're all here to share experiences.
Agree

The reason is on the title of this thread. I just don’t understand why FE are shipped everywhere else without any “supply chain issue”, but once they landed in California they don’t get these PIO parts.

The reason I mentioned other expensive vehicles is a sharp contrast of the unsold (non-FE) LC units in many dealers, while all FE version in the same time are almost fully booked. It almost looked as if people doesn’t want cheap LC, that’s probably why even for the 1958 dealer have to upgrade the roof rack to the FE roof rack, adding skid plate, upgrade tires to these ICON offroad wheels, in order to attract people to buy. I saw one LC trim that is essentially a FE+ version, except the light that the dealer can’t change. It is ridiculous…

I have had 6 ETA's so far come and go for my FE and it still sits in port. Arrived 2 months ago. Frustrating as I first put my deposit in last year. Today marked the 6th ETA come and gone.

I have had 6 ETA's so far come and go for my FE and it still sits in port. Arrived 2 months ago. Frustrating as I first put my deposit in last year. Today marked the 6th ETA come and gone.
Which is the port they hold in WA? I knew the port in Portland is slowly shipping the FE build to the dealers.

By the way I can't get any dealer to accept deposit until April/May this year, as Toyota give them no information at all. This is literally several months after all the YouTuber already reviewed and drive the car.

Which is the port they hold in WA? I knew the port in Portland is slowly shipping the FE build to the dealers.

By the way I can't get any dealer to accept deposit until April/May this year, as Toyota give them no information at all. This is literally several months after all the YouTuber already reviewed and drive the car.
Portland is where all the Toyota's come into for the NW area.

I put a deposit down on one last year for the color and FE. Then when they got allocated they assigned the VIN's to everyone. I was 10th on the list then and who knows now?

Portland is where all the Toyota's come into for the NW area.

I put a deposit down on one last year for the color and FE. Then when they got allocated they assigned the VIN's to everyone. I was 10th on the list then and who knows now?
Ask your dealer to email Portland Logistics and have them request your vin be put on a priority list. Mine was stuck in purgatory in Portland as well until this was done. My friend who works for Toyota corporate was told by Portland Logistics it’s a roof rack shortage but roof racks are arriving and the FE’s are getting processed now. Mine shipped out within a week and a half of being put on the priority list.

Ask your dealer to email Portland Logistics and have them request your vin be put on a priority list. Mine was stuck in purgatory in Portland as well until this was done. My friend who works for Toyota corporate was told by Portland Logistics it’s a roof rack shortage but roof racks are arriving and the FE’s are getting processed now. Mine shipped out within a week and a half of being put on the priority list.
I just checked the code this morning as last night it was still F. It changed to G this am. That is progress. Maybe it will finally make the 7th ETA given to me by the dealer.

Last edited:
I just checked the code this morning as last night it was still F. It changed to G this am. That is progress. Maybe it will finally make the 7th ETA given to me by the dealer.
I gave my dealer a list of 4 cars (LC FE, 2025 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2025 Tundra TRD Pro, 2025 4Runner), asking them to give me an assessment how likely I can get them. I am preparing to wait for another few months, potentially even into next year, for any car in my list to arrive.

My dealer always give me excuse like "nobody want these car so Toyota doesn't make them", but even for the car everybody wants they still don't have it. I think they just want to sell me the car "in their lot" that nobody wants.

I've been offered (and turned down) multiple FEs in the midwest. So, I think the availability of an FE just depends on your location!

I've been offered (and turned down) multiple FEs in the midwest. So, I think the availability of an FE just depends on your location!
I would agree with that. I got on the No Markup Toyota last night, and if I wanted to fly to OH, IN, MO, I would get a LC today in the color I want! WA Zip, they are all spoken for. (huffs)

Back