Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Welp, got good news and bad news.

Good news, my LC is at the dealership
Bad news, they ran a diagnostic and got check engine light. Apparently have a bad inverter and a new part has been ordered.

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow or Saturday and it should be in my hands, but the dealership did tempt us with the wind chill pearl in the same premium package. Very tempting but going to hold on to the black.

From what I understand, that means it's being processed at the regional market processing center, which is the step just before getting loaded on a truck to your dealership. The processing, based on everyone's experiences here can be days to weeks, depending on items being installed at the processing center (for some that's a "port"). Definitely one step closer to you!
Like @EOD Guy said, I don't think we can read anything into when a sticker was created. Mine had a sticker created 12 days before it landed in Portland.

Like @EOD Guy said, I don't think we can read anything into when a sticker was created. Mine had a sticker created 12 days before it landed in Portland.
I know that it landed in port on 6/29, which was confirmed by the dealer. It’s now in that murky “processing” phase before it gets on a truck. My build was after the qc hold so hopefully Toyota once they knew what the the issue was started doing new builds correctly and there are no options to add. But, we’ll see. I’m prepared to wait if I nee to.

I know that it landed in port on 6/29, which was confirmed by the dealer. It’s now in that murky “processing” phase before it gets on a truck. My build was after the qc hold so hopefully Toyota once they knew what the the issue was started doing new builds correctly and there are no options to add. But, we’ll see. I’m prepared to wait if I nee to.
My FE landed as well on 6/29 at the port. It went through processing 7/8 (maybe), supposed to be delivered to dealer between 7/2-7/19. I am hoping this weekend but next week for sure according to their schedule. It was a May build so hopefully after the QC hold. Next week I will know for sure.

Mine FE landed in port on 4/23 - I it got to the dealer on 7/10 and I picked it up on 7/11! The think is killer. Better than I had imagined.

No problems with acceleration (its is pretty peppy), travels on the highway great etc. It's a little noisy around 80 MPH but it is a combination of the tires and how good the asphalt is. It is definitely a truck. I came from the super luxurious ride of a 2005 LC 100 model, so the ride was smoother, but this thing can go over anything. You can tell just by driving it.
You will love it.

Woohoo! Mine is finally on a train!

I saw that the ETA on delivery went from 7/12-7/30 to 7/20-8/02 and figured that would only update to a smaller window if something tangible had changed in the status. Reached out to the dealer and she sent me a screenshot of their system showing it had departed on a train yesterday. Right now, I'd say it's somewhere in Idaho, enjoying the mountain air. I'm sure I'll take her back some day for a more leisurely stroll through those mountains.

I was feeling a little bad as well but then I thought, I'm buying a $70,000 vehicle!. While that does not entitle me to be an a$$hole, I do believe it does entitle me to some good service like better updates on the process. It's not like I'm buying any old cheeseburger....I'm buying the Bison burger baby...lean and mean! 😁
I hate to tell you but a $70,000 new vehicle is not special anymore . It is just a starting point for luxury autos these days .
Unfortunately Toyota dealerships are not the same caliber of Lexus, MB , Audi, Porsche. Toyota like Nissan, VW ,Kia, etc are predominantly entry level vehicles with a few higher end vehicles , problem is the same sales force sell all of them and have to deal with every level of customers

I hate to tell you but a $70,000 new vehicle is not special anymore . It is just a starting point for luxury autos these days .
Unfortunately Toyota dealerships are not the same caliber of Lexus, MB , Audi, Porsche. Toyota like Nissan, VW ,Kia, etc are predominantly entry level vehicles with a few higher end vehicles , problem is the same sales force sell all of them and have to deal with every level of customers
Comparing apples to oranges, but 70K is 70K and for 70K, regardless of which brand, the customer should be able to have honest accurate information concerning what they are purchasing.

My salesman led me to believe mine was at the railhead being loaded on a train for the last two weeks. When pressed for a screenshot, it cleared "processing" on 5-17-24. I know it's not the salesman's fault that it's where it is in the process, but it is his fault for leading me to believe that it was further along than it actually is.

How much wind noise does the safari box on the roof make when driving down the highway?
It is mostly the tire noise. I drove home for 2 hours (doing 70-83mph) on the highway. When it switched from older asphalt to fresher asphalt the noise was considerably lower. I didn't really hear any noise from the roof area. Primarily noise from the mirrors, front windows and mostly tires. Not horrible, just noticeable. Not enough to have to turn up the radio. I came from a Mercedes E Class, which actually has about the same noise once the tires get over 15K miles on them.

My dates keep falling back 2-3 days at a time and the status refuses to change to F. It left Japan on 5/10 and their are vehicles in the hands of customers that left a full month after that. I'm not being told something.

Mine is further delayed. Interestingly the expected processing day changed from 05/22 to 7/15. I can only hope that means it's a legit expected processing...

And mine disappeared from the SmartPath and the dealer website…
No easy way to track the date now
Just sit and wait I guess

Does anyone have any insight as to what it means in Toyota world when there's no ETA date on a vehicle?

There was one at one point, and there's a window sticker, but there's no window on this vehicle at all.

There are other LC's on the dealer site with ETA's listed, just not the one I have allocated to me.

Having waited since 4-12-24 with various dates, hold statuses, processing dates etc...... I can honestly say that, there is no rhyme or reason as to which FE vehicles are processed/shipped/delivered.

(edit) Mine was never listed on the dealer's site, but was listed on the Toyota site, allocated to my dealer. The only true status has come from the dealer from their "Dealer Daily" screenshot.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to what it means in Toyota world when there's no ETA date on a vehicle?

There was one at one point, and there's a window sticker, but there's no window on this vehicle at all.

There are other LC's on the dealer site with ETA's listed, just not the one I have allocated to me. I suspect it is still at the port lost in the shuffle.
Same thing with our FE. Estimated dates disappeared 7/5. We have a window sticker though. Shows in stock at dealer but it is still in transit per the dealership daily report. Ours was at the NJ port heading to VA. Odd it would take 10 days by truck. I have a feeling still at the NJ port and is lost in the shuffle.

Back