Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

Software glitch? My FE arrives by ship in 5 days and is expected at dealer starting July 1-20 time frame. No hold yet on it.

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

View attachment 2107
Yes, this has been an ongoing issue. My LC, First Edition is 2 months late. I am also on 2 different waiting lists.

I don’t know the answer for sure… but I had reserved an FE that arrived at port a few days before the QC hold. It got held up as they all did. Then earlier in the week the status changed and there was a delivery date ranging end of this month. Today that car got an updated range to delivery in November…

Another part of the story, I had been actively monitoring Toyota website for vehicles hitting lots and had been calling with the chance I could find a car before my reserved one got in (was over playing the waiting game). Found one getting the car sometime this week and they actually got the car on Saturday. I went and bought it Sunday.

I don’t know this for sure (trying to find out more about when mine was produced) but my guess is the car I got was still in production when qc issue was diagnosed and therefore was produced correctly and avoided qc. Secondly, if the Nov timeframe is correct for the one I had reserved I’m guessing that one has a bigger issue related to the qc and is being delayed so it can be fully repaired before being sold.

This is all speculation but figured I’d share my experience.

Just my guess is the quality control hold could be due to emissions. Why do I say that? All models are being released other parts of the world. So that tells me skid plates sunroof is not the issue. Only thing that is more strict in North America is emissions standards compared to the rest of the world. Toyota published figures could be having errors. This is just my guess. Not trying to spread rumors but thinking aloud.

Just my guess is the quality control hold could be due to emissions. Why do I say that? All models are being released other parts of the world. So that tells me skid plates sunroof is not the issue. Only thing that is more strict in North America is emissions standards compared to the rest of the world. Toyota published figures could be having errors. This is just my guess. Not trying to spread rumors but thinking aloud.
Also, other countries are getting a moonroof instead of a sunroof.

Not near as bad as the Bronco rollout in 2021. Ford still holds the crown for that.
Oh dear god that Bronco rollout was horrible.

I was a day one reservation and had orders at 3 different dealerships. I ended up buying one from a 4th dealer that had someone back out of their purchase that matched my order exactly. I drove it for a year (worst vehicle i've ever owned), sold it, bought my Tundra, and none of my 3 orders had been pulled for build. The bronco I owned was plagued with electrical issues. It spent 23 of the first 60 days I owned it at the dealer, and then another 4 weeks there across the rest of the year I had it. Ford ended up buying it back for the exact amount I paid for it.

the LC rollout is MIIIILES better than that garbage. At least we know they're built and they exist, they're just being held to make sure they're perfect before we get them.

Looks like the GX's are moving now out of Long Beach - I hope that means the LC's are gonna start moving too!

Oh dear god that Bronco rollout was horrible.

I was a day one reservation and had orders at 3 different dealerships. I ended up buying one from a 4th dealer that had someone back out of their purchase that matched my order exactly. I drove it for a year (worst vehicle i've ever owned), sold it, bought my Tundra, and none of my 3 orders had been pulled for build. The bronco I owned was plagued with electrical issues. It spent 23 of the first 60 days I owned it at the dealer, and then another 4 weeks there across the rest of the year I had it. Ford ended up buying it back for the exact amount I paid for it.

The LC rollout is MILES better than that garbage. At least we know they're built and they exist; they're just being held to make sure they're perfect before we get them.
Would you recommend not to buy Bronco? Buddy of mine had a new Mustang that had problems, and no one could fix it. So Ford has given him credit, and he is considering buying a Bronco to return his money and sell it immediately. I do not know Ford hence I am asking.

Would you recommend not to buy Bronco? Buddy of mine had a new Mustang that had problems, and no one could fix it. So Ford has given him credit, and he is considering buying a Bronco to return his money and sell it immediately. I do not know Ford hence I am asking.
There are a lot of broncos sitting on lots and their value is only going downhill. I think buying one to flip would be a bad move.

Just got a message from our dealer that ours just got released and will arrive 6/24 to 7/1. So i'm not holding my breath on this news, but it looks like they may finally be rolling out. Ours was on hold since April. Fingers crossed!

Seen some FEs get dates out of Newark today
Can confirm. Just checked my dealer and looks like a couple have dates now.

Edit: One has a date now. It's the one with the lowest stock number on my dealer's site (3/10 had stock numbers appear in the last couple of weeks). I don't know what determines if a stock number shows up on the site or not as I know mine is sitting in Newark and does not have a stock number.

Last edited:
Back