QC hold 5/17/24 in Port

Any new info on the QC hold for the Land Cruisers? I’m experiencing the same “30 day” QC hold I’ve heard from others. My dealer has little info as of 6/9/24!
Does anyone know what the hold is for? Is it all trims/packages? I noticed my dealer has a 1958 on the lot. It must have gotten through?
Any new info on the QC hold for the Land Cruisers? I’m experiencing the same “30 day” QC hold I’ve heard from others. My dealer has little info as of 6/9/24!

What’s the best factory?

Both factories will put out the same quality. Quality is held to the same standard across all factories.

This.

Hino has been building trucks for decades. Both factories are japanese and held to the same standards. Tahara is just more well known due to the models they've been involved in producing.
Ok, then you guys can take builds from Hino and I'll take one from Tahara. 😎

Mine is coming from Hino. The majority of the parts are built in the same factories and shipped to Hino or Tahara.

Ok, then you guys can take builds from Hino and I'll take one from Tahara. 😎
I think it’s sort of like Navy pilots and Blue Angel Navy pilots. I’m sure the quality standards are the same for all the factories, however, Tahara, because of its legacy attracts the best and most experienced engineers/technicians. That said, I don’t know what if any difference there would be in build quality of a LC from either one.

I think it’s sort of like Navy pilots and Blue Angel Navy pilots. I’m sure the quality standards are the same for all the factories, however, Tahara, because of its legacy attracts the best and most experienced engineers/technicians. That said, I don’t know what if any difference there would be in build quality of a LC from either one.
I think even that is an exaggeration. That indicates there's noticeable difference. If you took the location of manufacture off the window sticker, no one in this thread would be able to tell the difference between the two factories.

I think even that is an exaggeration. That indicates there's noticeable difference. If you took the location of manufacture off the window sticker, no one in this thread would be able to tell the difference between the two factories.
That was my exact conclusion. Read my las sentence.

Other than being able to boast about which plant your LC was "ASSEMBLED" at, as long as the one you receive is of high standards as expected............ I could give 2 hoots where it was put together.

That boast and 5 bucks will get you a beer........

My Landy arrived at Long Beach port on June 23. Do we still have hold on this batch?
Hold is determined by checking your vin, the Official 56 Day hold is still in place until 7/17 but some have never been placed on hold and others are coming off hold. Your doing better than me, mine arrived in Portland April 9th going on 3 months and still on hold for me.

I’ve received several dates(7/1-7/7, 7/14-7/16) after the QC hold of when to expect my LC at the dealer. Sounds like this isn’t an isolated situation?
I guess I shouldn’t have sold my 4Runner a month ago 🙄

Mine is at the Port in Texas (not sure if Galveston or Houston) but my sales guy says it’s been caught up in Hurricane Beryl-related delays. No idea if others here are in the same boat. Literally. 🤣

Mine is at the Port in Texas (not sure if Galveston or Houston) but my sales guy says it’s been caught up in Hurricane Beryl-related delays. No idea if others here are in the same boat. Literally. 🤣
I totally suspected that the Gulf States Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) in Houston would have delays because of the hurricane and associated power outages. Sorry to hear that your's got hung up in that!

From my understanding the "VPC" acts like a "port" as Toyota imports vehicles to real shipping ports in California (usually Long Beach) and ships them via large trains to the "VPC" in Houston. This is where Gulf States Toyota (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas) takes possession of the vehicle and does "port installed options" or shown as "LIO" on your spec sheet. From my understanding they are pretty fast here and usually get your vehicle out within a week if all goes well, then on a truck to your dealer.

Mine is destined for my dealer here in Little Rock, AR and arrived in Long Beach on 7/6 and I hope is on a train to the VPC, supposedly by 7/22, which is the "estimated availability" date shown on the dealer's and Toyota's website.. I'm told that it should arrive to my dealer about a week after that, and before the end of the month, but these hurricane delays you speak of may add further delay .. Thanks for the info!

Back