Oil and Filter Change, easy peasy.

Mine was right at the high mark, if not a little above from factory.

Didn’t check close when I got it, but I bet it was a touch high. Post first oil change, I “think” I am reading a bit high on the stick. Probably due to trying to gauge that exact 0.9 quarts when I poured in the 6th bottle.

The oil is so clear after changing that I am having a helluva time figuring out what my oil level actually is on the stick. Very difficult to read the level for me…tried pulling straight up and tilting to read in sunlight, etc. Tried cold, hot, medium engine temp…no matter what I try, the stick is really tough to read where the level is. Just trusting I measured good enough when gauging 5.9 quarts.
Maybe because I checked it on the driveway that have a bit of slope
But for me was a good extra 1/8-1/4.

No Idea how I gonna get that 0.9 right.
Probably just get a 5 qt and 3/4 in, start the car and guide by the dipstick

Didn’t check close when I got it, but I bet it was a touch high. Post first oil change, I “think” I am reading a bit high on the stick. Probably due to trying to gauge that exact 0.9 quarts when I poured in the 6th bottle.

The oil is so clear after changing that I am having a helluva time figuring out what my oil level actually is on the stick. Very difficult to read the level for me…tried pulling straight up and tilting to read in sunlight, etc. Tried cold, hot, medium engine temp…no matter what I try, the stick is really tough to read where the level is. Just trusting I measured good enough when gauging 5.9 quarts.
Here is a trick to get a better reading when the oil is new and clear. I had the same issue.

Thanks. That's the one I was looking at but wasn't sure
Don’t get this one
Is too small… 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: wrench is ok, filter is wrong

IMG_5633.jpeg

Last edited:
Right Wrench, wrong Filter. I just changed mine and it fits like a glove!

(edit) FYI The kit with eth Blue/clear funnel...... the funnel is tha Bomb!
IMG_5643.jpeg

Right filter it works as expected

And the funnel:

IMG_5650.jpeg

Not the blue one, but is the same really
Bolts in the engine, not a single drop off.

Hit a dirt bank and it partially opened (F250 no skid plates), we were stopping anyway, so a big mess but no damage.
Yikes.
Even if I didn't have the skid plate, the way the valve is installed, would need to be in reverse to something maybe get hooked and pull it out.

Yikes.
Even if I didn't have the skid plate, the way the valve is installed, would need to be in reverse to something maybe get hooked and pull it out.
On my Taco, I put about 10" of tubing on the valve and just leave it there. I put one of the vinyl caps on the end of the tube. Never had a issue with it.

Back