New from UK

So those of you more in the know what do you think I need if I will have the 3rd row seats flat and a dog box in the back behind second row

Front and 2 nds row mats obviously - then is it a set or 3 rd row and the trunk liner or does the trunk liner go all the way from the back of the second row seats like we see in the US where they on,y have 2 rows and that massive battery ?
I’ve gone with the 1st/2nd row rubber mats and the trunk liner, hoping that it goes from the second row back, ie the full boot space, as I don’t expect to use the 3rd row seats very often, if at all. I don’t see why the mats can’t be returned if they are not as thought, especially as there’s no data or photos available yet.

So those of you more in the know what do you think I need if I will have the 3rd row seats flat and a dog box in the back behind second row

Front and 2 nds row mats obviously - then is it a set or 3 rd row and the trunk liner or does the trunk liner go all the way from the back of the second row seats like we see in the US where they on,y have 2 rows and that massive battery ?
I’m not in the know 😊 but front mats second row mats and the back of the second row the mat should cover the whole of the floor/ boot / Trunk least that’s what I’ve ordered should be here before the car

Yes the trunk mat covers the whole from back of second row to the rear not sure if theres mats for in front of the third row ?? when there up probaly not as theres very little floor space there

Insurance Update
Hopefully this might assist new prospective UK owners on the current insurance quote difficulty........

I've spent all of this morning trying to get an insurance quote for the new LC, the FE in my case.
1. My two different current insurers can't help because the car isn't listed yet.
2. Toyota insurance can provide a quote by going directly through their underwriter, but not otherwise because it isn't on the system yet. However, in my case they can't quote as my NCD that I want to use is from a commercial vehicle policy, even though it is my private vehicle and not used for business (L200). they also can't quote with zero NCD. They can quote if I cancel my other private car's policy and use that NCD, which I wouldn't do as it would cause all sorts of other problems. As an aside, they also couldn't quote, even when I put in a current Invincible model as the car's valuation was over their limit! They told me, adviser, and senior managers, that it needed to be sorted by my dealer, ie by registering the vehicle.
3. I was finally allowed to speak to someone within Toyota UK who said that they were only the manufacturer and didn't deal with insurance......and for me to speak to my dealer. After insisting that this was a real issue for customers, they will hopefully escalate and get back to me.
4. My dealer (who have been exceptional) exactly understood my problem and agreed with me that registering the vehicle will not fix the problem and that it was an insurance risk rating issue that needed to be completed. hooray for someone on my wavelength! The dealer will also raise an issue on the Toyota Compass system.
5. I have just sent an email to Thatcham, who carry out risk ratings for the insurance industry and await a reply. The helpful receptionist did say that in the past week they were transferring from the current 1 to 50 rating to a new 125 point vehicle 99 risk rating which I had seen in the motoring press recently, although I thought that this was running alongside the current system for some time now. Anyway, let's hope that they respond soon, either with good news, or at least someone else who can help/escalate.

How many others, who are viewing this forum in the UK, have the same issue or will unfortunately find out when their car arrives? You might want to await my update or help the cause by contacting Toyota UK tel 01737 363633, asking for customer relations (not Toyota insurance who can't help).

Last edited:
We are now on P23 so it’s a long string but I have posted multiple times about my own challenges with insurance which to a degree mirror your own

In essence no rating of the new model means it’s invisible on the main systems as the on line sites permits quotes on listed (ie rated) vehicles only and the service staff at Admiral and Toyota whilst trying to help seem incapable of doing the most obvious things like escalating to underwriters

I had perhaps wrongly been comfkrted by the earlier post from another UK buyer who seemed to have cracked it with Toyota Insirance and did have a quote they had accepted

You seem to be stuck in the black hole I found myself in

We are now on P23 so it’s a long string but I have posted multiple times about my own challenges with insurance which to a degree mirror your own

In essence no rating of the new model means it’s invisible on the main systems as the on line sites permits quotes on listed (ie rated) vehicles only and the service staff at Admiral and Toyota whilst trying to help seem incapable of doing the most obvious things like escalating to underwriters

I had perhaps wrongly been comfkrted by the earlier post from another UK buyer who seemed to have cracked it with Toyota Insirance and did have a quote they had accepted

You seem to be stuck in the black hole I found myself in
The only positive thing for me at the moment is that my insurer for my other car could insure me, but only once on the insurance system, and not need to use the commercial vehicle ncd. They would mirror my current ncd of 12 years for both cars. I just need the car to become visible on the insurance system!

I suspect that is the same for a number of others like Admiral who would cover the previous models

Your route via Thatchem is interesting as one of the assistants at one insurer said they needed real world UK on the road data to become available before being able to carry out a rating which is obviously going to be impossible until sufficient are on the road and none will be if nobody will cover them - classic catch 22

I was pushing them to use US data on reliability as that’s obviously in existence

A very frustrating process

I suspect that is the same for a number of others like Admiral who would cover the previous models

Your route via Thatchem is interesting as one of the assistants at one insurer said they needed real world UK on the road data to become available before being able to carry out a rating which is obviously going to be impossible until sufficient are on the road and none will be if nobody will cover them - classic catch 22

I was pushing them to use US data on reliability as that’s obviously in existence

A very frustrating process
Taken from the Thatcham site......

"The current 1-50 Group Rating system, which assesses vehicle risk based on 125 vehicle attributes, is being replaced by a more advanced and dynamic five assessment Vehicle Risk Rating model.

The cars and light commercial vehicles (LCVs) featured in the Vehicle Risk dataset are given a Group Rating score, which is used by insurers to help quantify the risk associated with that vehicle.

The high-quality vehicle data and technical information that vehicle manufacturers feed directly into Thatcham Research’s proprietary database, Plaza, is passed to the ABI Group Rating panel on a weekly basis and used to establish an advisory insurance Group Rating score."

Been away for a couple of days and there are pages of new posts! Good work on the insurance KevD and others.

On the mats, I assume the set up will be the same as the last one where we had rubber mats for front, second and third row seats. The 3rd row being one narrow piece that ran across the car.
The boot liner was a flexible-ish rubberised plastic that covered the boot area with the 3rd row folded away so you obviously have to think about whether you will use the 3rd row seats later in a journey and if so, then leave the boot liner at home or you have nowhere to put it other than behind the 3rd row seats and blocking some of the rear view. Also it doesn’t cover the backs of the 2nd row when you put them down but you can use a rug for those rare occasions.

Back