LC W/Crossbars Fitting in Standard Garages....?

Esquire

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Premium - Black / Black; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black; 2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood
This may have been covered in prior posts, however, I am considering adding the OEM cross bars to my LC.

The height with the factory standard rack is apparently 76.1." I presume the OEM cross bars are adding an additional 4-5 inches.

Has anyone had any height issues with the standard residential garage doors?

One gentleman posted last evening that he couldn't fit his LC in his work garage parking. My office parking garage seems low as well as it is underground.

Last edited:
I have Thule cross bars and I’ve had zero garage issues. I’m pretty sure they’re taller than the OEM set.

I have Thule cross bars and I’ve had zero garage issues. I’m pretty sure they’re taller than the OEM set.
Appreciate the response. How does the Thule look / attach with the existing factory rack? Does it look well integrated?

Appreciate the response. How does the Thule look / attach with the existing factory rack? Does it look well integrated?
Personally I really like the look. I don’t love how rounded the OEM rails are.

Attachments

• _DSC8599.jpeg
    _DSC8599.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 9
The crossbar won't add 4 inch on top of total height, I guess the attaching point is not the highest point of the truck. My LC trim has OEM cross bar with empty load is round 77" height. My house garage is also on lower side which is around 79". So no lift for me ;(

Personally I really like the look. I don’t love how rounded the OEM rails are.
Those Thule's look sharp. I'm a big Thule fan. They are well built and look rugged/sporty and are pretty quiet with their aero design.

The crossbar won't add 4 inch on top of total height, I guess the attaching point is not the highest point of the truck. My LC trim has OEM cross bar with empty load is round 77" height. My house garage is also on lower side which is around 79". So no lift for me ;(
Oh, that's good to hear. As the height of the LC is noted at 76.1." Getting to 77' with the OEM rack and perhaps 78" with a Thule rack is definitely doable with the standard residential garage.

Standard residential garage door opening is 7 ft (84”). At the header, in many case, the weather strip around 1.5” is installed to it, so 82.5” is the clearance.
Another important note: to gain maximum high clearance of the garage opening, remember to adjust the garage door (when it opens) to go pass (higher) the header of the opening. Some garage doors set to sit lower than the header ( beam across the garage opening)

Standard residential garage door opening is 7 ft (84”). At the header, in many case, the weather strip around 1.5” is installed to it, so 82.5” is the clearance.
Another important note: to gain maximum high clearance of the garage opening, remember to adjust the garage door (when it opens) to go pass (higher) the header of the opening. Some garage doors set to sit lower than the header ( beam across the garage opening)
That’s a good point. It does appear there is an adjustment you can make to the track in order to have the motor pull the door back further.
Some are set very low and hang down well below the door opening. Which doesn’t accomplish anything.

Back