Mic not working on J250

Hi, yes. So the radio manufacturer is sending out a team to UAE to check out the issue. They are coming in 1-2 weeks

Guys

Today Al Futtaim called me and updated the software ver its seems issue is fixed almost 90%, can u guys get the update and confirm if its fully resolved

Good to hear.
I’m flying into Dubai tomorrow so will get mine checked over.
Hope that this all gets sorted out soon.

UPDATE:
Toyota sent a team to assess situation. I made a call from my car and they heard for themselves. They have collected data about the problem.
They have now gone to Kuwait where they have a similar problem.
It appears that this is a problem affecting all cars in Middle East and Europe. Some cars more than others.
They think it’s a network issue. Not a problem in Japan apparently. So likely to be a software fix.
Will keep you posted
Cheers

Owners here in Saudi are reporting the same issue but it's only on TXL3 (uae GXR/GXL)spec cars with the larger screen but not the adventure trim where it's a different large screen and the same one used in US spec cars and other markets.

I have the base spec model with the smaller head unit and I don't have this issue.

From my understanding this issue is only relevant to that 12.3" screen that's equipped with the non adventure models.

I've attached a picture of the screen type in question, is anyone facing this issue has different type head unit or is anyone with adventure model facing this issue?

Attachments

• webp (21).jpg
    webp (21).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 23
Hi

Received my car 1 week ago (it’s beautiful 😻). Connected very easily to Apple CarPlay but when on calls the other person says that my voice is very muffled.

Not sure why but found another person with same issue posting on another forum.

Waiting to hear from Toyota.

Anyone else with same issue
I have the same issue. I find myself yelling at Siri with no response. Is there a mic adjustment that would remedy this?

Not as far as I know but would love to
Hear if things get sorted out for you today.
Please let us kmow

In the USA, and possibly elsewhere, another issue with the radio or electronics is the total loss of sound at times. This happens on SiriusXM, or the FM or AM bands. I brought my vehicle to the dealer for this issue and was advised Toyota is aware of the problem. No fix was offered for this problem. I haven't heard back yet from the dealer so we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

Hi guys, we have a fix! Ask for this version of the software update and you’ll be sorted. It’s about a week old

Attachments

• IMG_7411.jpeg
    IMG_7411.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 7
Is the sound completely clear because with previous software the sound was only marginally better.
If truly fixed then finally brilliant news

Yes, it’s perfectly alright. Check your version of software in the device information tab on your head unit. Has to start with 2.07. The car comes with 2.04 on it, 2.05 and 2.06 didn’t do the job but 2.07 is spot on

Takes about 20 minutes to upload via a usb. Please make sure your dealership has the c to usb converter.

Well then this is something to celebrate. Thank you for the update. Will let you know once I’ve done my car

Back