Mic not working on J250

Sorry to hear that.
So we have a total of 4 new cars and the 2 demo cars so far plus one in Jamaica and another in Costa Rica that I’m aware of!
I’m sure that there will be some very embarrassed people in Japan 🙄
Count mine 5th with same issue

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue, please let me know what to do. I'm also in Dubai got it 2 weeks ago.

I tried Bluetooth, and carplay both same issues.
Hi Rami : Did u got some reply or solution from al futtaim

Thank you Ashish for sharing.
I am keeping my contacts in Dubai informed so that they are aware that the issue is affecting several cars and is not an isolated incidence.
I will keep you all informed as chasing regularly.

Hi. I'm in kuwait, my friends and me bought 5 Land cruiser prado and we are all facing the same issue. We will contact the dealer soon

Wow…I’m sorry to hear this. Pls let the dealer know and share with him that we are having same issues in UAE and that s/he needs to contact Toyota

However…..apart from that, the car is lovely. So once Toyota sorts this out, we would be able to enjoy properly 🙏

When using hands free I’m my ‘17 Tacoma I have to turn the a/c fan off to have decent voice quality.

Hi guys, very unfortunate to experience this.

Can one of you please list down your experience of having reported the issue to the dealership and what are the diagnostics they ran, current status and possible resolution measures to address the issue?

I took it to my dealership and they’re currently clueless and trying to figure out how to manage the issue.

Thanks!

Hi guys, very unfortunate to experience this.

Can one of you please list down your experience of having reported the issue to the dealership and what are the diagnostics they ran, current status and possible resolution measures to address the issue?

I took it to my dealership and they’re currently clueless and trying to figure out how to manage the issue.

Thanks!
Unfortunately apart of reporting it, there is not much else to do apart of waiting for feedback from Toyota.

I initially took it to dealer and after trying the connection on my iPhone, they tried it on their Samsung and had same problem. They took a recording of the sound quality f a phone call and sent it to Toyota.
A week later, I was contacted to say that they were sent a dotfware update and to come in. They downloaded the software and the problem persisted.

This has been reported back to Toyota who are now liaising with the manufacturer of the radio unit.

In the meantime more and more reports are coming in with the same complaint.
Most are from GCC cars but a chap in Jamaica and another in Costa Rica are reporting same issue.

So in summary, report to dealer and keep pressure on.

Hope this helps

Unfortunately apart of reporting it, there is not much else to do apart of waiting for feedback from Toyota.

I initially took it to dealer and after trying the connection on my iPhone, they tried it on their Samsung and had same problem. They took a recording of the sound quality f a phone call and sent it to Toyota.
A week later, I was contacted to say that they were sent a dotfware update and to come in. They downloaded the software and the problem persisted.

This has been reported back to Toyota who are now liaising with the manufacturer of the radio unit.

In the meantime more and more reports are coming in with the same complaint.
Most are from GCC cars but a chap in Jamaica and another in Costa Rica are reporting same issue.

So in summary, report to dealer and keep pressure on.

Hope this helps
Guys

Spoke to Al Futtaim they are saying some software update is expected in 2 weeks --- Do u guys have any further update ???

That’s good news.
I will contact tomorrow and confirm as well.
Hopefully this would be more successful than the last update 🙄

Hi guys,

Thanks kildair for a comprehensive explanation.

I figured something today, try the Bluetooth, it’s perfectly alright for me.

It’s just with Apple carplay that I’m experiencing issues so it should ideally be software issue and not hardware

And with the dealership I’ve got an appointment for 3rd September

Hi guys,

Thanks kildair for a comprehensive explanation.

I figured something today, try the Bluetooth, it’s perfectly alright for me.

It’s just with Apple carplay that I’m experiencing issues so it should ideally be software issue and not hardware

And with the dealership I’ve got an appointment for 3rd September
Hi everyone

I too tried as Sharief, and yes through bluetooth its working much better, seems issue is around carplay

I called Alfuttaim to get an appointment and the lady from the call center said there is a recall on the car but she didn’t mention on what the recall is and the recall team will contact me. So after a couple of minutes the recall team called and asked what issue do i have, i said there is an issue with Bluetooth mic. Then i asked about the recall, he said there is no recall and i just have to go to the service center and they will fix the mic issue.

I called Alfuttaim to get an appointment and the lady from the call center said there is a recall on the car but she didn’t mention on what the recall is and the recall team will contact me. So after a couple of minutes the recall team called and asked what issue do i have, i said there is an issue with Bluetooth mic. Then i asked about the recall, he said there is no recall and i just have to go to the service center and they will fix the mic issue.
as an interim arrangement you can stop using carplay and use bluetooth pairing, rest i believe they are waiting for update from toyota to update the software

Back