Malfunctioning Hybrid System.

NitroExpress

📛 Founding Member
Sep 18, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
My wife just sent the attached photos from our <1000 mile Cruiser. I was hesitant buying a first year vehicle but we were in a bind for a car and I justified it by thinking that if anyone can do a hybrid properly, it should be Toyota. It still drives with no observable issue, so it’s headed to a dealer right now.

Anybody experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9851.jpeg
    IMG_9851.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 77
Well, already done at the dealer. I’m not sure exactly what was stated, but they said there is no problem and to keep driving it. I’m not sure what to do when the machine says to take it to a dealer and the dealer says it’s fine…
So, consider it ignored for now. (The lights all cleared with no intervention)

Well, already done at the dealer. I’m not sure exactly what was stated, but they said there is no problem and to keep driving it. I’m not sure what to do when the machine says to take it to a dealer and the dealer says it’s fine…
So, consider it ignored for now. (The lights all cleared with no intervention)
You might think about charging up the 12v battery if you have a charger or checking to make sure the connections are tight. Seems like this may be a possible culprit to these warnings from others with the same issue.

You might think about charging up the 12v battery if you have a charger or checking to make sure the connections are tight. Seems like this may be a possible culprit to these warnings from others with the same issue.
Thank you! I tried to read through this forum for this particular problem and didn't find anything. Did you read about this issue here?

My Jeep does REALLY crazy stuff when the battery is low/dead.

Most probably the 12v low on voltage. Strangest system I've ever seen. Mine has done weird gage things on two or three occasions, yesterday being the most recent....... Had the rear hatch open for about 6 hours and it shouldn't have been an issue as I installed a light off switch. Went to close up the LC and the battery was flat, put a jump box on it, started it etc......... decided to trickle charge the battery while it was accessible.

Most probably the 12v low on voltage. Strangest system I've ever seen. Mine has done weird gage things on two or three occasions, yesterday being the most recent....... Had the rear hatch open for about 6 hours and it shouldn't have been an issue as I installed a light off switch. Went to close up the LC and the battery was flat, put a jump box on it, started it etc......... decided to trickle charge the battery while it was accessible.
Just put a meter to the 12v battery and it measured 12.4v.

Back