Light Interior leather and panels photo

Trailman

📛 Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Kansas City
I came across a photo that showed light interior leather in one of the non US markets. Wish they would have offered more interior options than just the all black or brown leather with black panels in the US. Something seems off about how they implemented the java and black interior this first go around for US markets although I haven't seen one in person yet. Maybe it looks much better in person than how it looks in videos?
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 3.21.41 PM.png

That's really nice... But good luck getting what you want from your dealership!!! If you need your LC now... If not in a hurry... then WAIT!

I'm needing a vehicle sooner than later... Yet... I wanted the Brown/Java color premium package.... but Nothing was in production... So stuck with Black! Guess... I will survive

That's really nice... But good luck getting what you want from your dealership!!! If you need your LC now... If not in a hurry... then WAIT!

I'm needing a vehicle sooner than later... Yet... I wanted the Brown/Java color premium package.... but Nothing was in production... So stuck with Black! Guess... I will survive
Same boat as you, need vehicle now so can’t wait a year to see what future options come to the US

Playing with the idea of taking it to an upholstery shop and seeing what they would think about adding some accents to the existing seats to break up the monotone gray/black but keep the integrity of the design. Does this look terrible? Pulled Trail Dust, Heritage Blue and then just a light gray accent. Not a designer and you won't hurt my feelings if you say it's terrible :ROFLMAO:

Land Cruiser Trail Dust Accents.jpg
Land Cruiser Heritage Blue Accents.jpg
Land Cruiser Gray Accents.jpg

Try
Playing with the idea of taking it to an upholstery shop and seeing what they would think about adding some accents to the existing seats to break up the monotone gray/black but keep the integrity of the design. Does this look terrible? Pulled Trail Dust, Heritage Blue and then just a light gray accent. Not a designer and you won't hurt my feelings if you say it's terrible :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 3655View attachment 3656View attachment 3657
The silver/gray looks best. Try a bourbon color (the pic I attached above), I think the reddish brown accent would look good.

That's not a bad idea, I might have to look into just the front panels as well. Kazkin are very proud of their stuff.

Being an artist I like the first combo if your LC is trail dust. I have made handwoven floor mats for my future Trail Dust LC. Should look good. If you change or add color to your seats please post photos.

Being an artist I like the first combo if your LC is trail dust. I have made handwoven floor mats for my future Trail Dust LC. Should look good. If you change or add color to your seats please post photos.
Appreciate your feedback. It will be interesting to take different samples of leather and hold them up along with the Trail Dust color and see which ones complement the best. I'm also curious what the pricing would come back if just having them add accents rather than an entire upholstery job. With the lighter leather colors, it might be cool to have the leather embossed or "branded" with a burned in design of some kind on the headrests. Lots of creative ideas floating through my head but I don't want to ruin it. Subtle is usually better.

I have black Fe , I think the black and trail dust trim would look great on my black Fe

Appreciate your feedback. It will be interesting to take different samples of leather and hold them up along with the Trail Dust color and see which ones complement the best. I'm also curious what the pricing would come back if just having them add accents rather than an entire upholstery job. With the lighter leather colors, it might be cool to have the leather embossed or "branded" with a burned in design of some kind on the headrests. Lots of creative ideas floating through my head but I don't want to ruin it. Subtle is usually better.
If you go with a light colored leather, you'll have be super careful of embossing. Embossing looks great when it's new, but if not cleaned and conditioned regularly, the oils from your head will darken the embossing and not very uniformly. I have never owed any embossed head rests, but I've seen a couple and didn't care for the light and darker areas (due to the staining).

Last edited:
I came across a photo that showed light interior leather in one of the non US markets. Wish they would have offered more interior options than just the all black or brown leather with black panels in the US. Something seems off about how they implemented the java and black interior this first go around for US markets although I haven't seen one in person yet. Maybe it looks much better in person than how it looks in videos?
View attachment 3625
This would have looked great with the black exterior I should be receiving soon.

My thoughts were with black fe adding the trail dust color looks gold and I am looking to add gold accent / black wheels.
I want to take my stock wheels and have re paint gold and black
Similar to westcot pictures
Does anyone know who make this rim

Attachments

• IMG_5514.png
    IMG_5514.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back