LC on the OBX

LandCruiserJ

📛 Founding Member
Aug 21, 2024
Media
CT USA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Down on the Outer Banks for a week with our new Land Cruiser. It was…perfection.

The LC is the perfect road tripping companion. About a 12-hour ride to get down here, and we were as comfortable as can be. Seats are fantastic; climate control is fantastic.

The adaptable cruise control and lane-assist were actually incredibly helpful on long highway stretches. Apple CarPlay integration was flawless. We averaged around 22 MPG over each 700-or-so mile leg of the trip.

And once you’re off-road, the LC makes a superb “dune buggy” (although to be clear there was no actual “dune” buggying… just permitted beach driving in open, permitted areas!)

IMG_1249-X2.jpg

Aired down to around 20 psi for the sand. The “Sand Mode” works like a charm. We cruised all around Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Didn’t have a single “uh-oh” or stuck second, irrespective of packed or loose/deep sand.

IMG_7180-X2.jpg

Excellent troop carrier.

IMG_3953-X2.jpg

It’s not just about the truck. It’s where it can take you and what you can do when you’re there 🔥.

IMG_7288-X2.jpg

On our way off the Cape, parked next to the Cruiser’s “Rover” sibling. Handsome rigs both!

IMG_1465-X2.jpg

Just shy of 3,000 miles now. Will be doing an initial oil change myself before the 5K first service. I’m giving this truck a 12/10.

It’s been 20 years since I’ve been to the Outer Banks. I had a Ford expedition and we used to drive the beach in Corolla. Love seeing all the wild horses there.
Time for a re-road trip! You won’t be disappointed. Still wild horses up on the north end of the Cape (Corolla?) and a ferry ride south from Hatteras Village to Ocracoke. Some areas have changed over the years, but many haven’t. We’ve been going off and on for 30 years. Nothing like it!

My one & only trip down to the outer banks was amazing! I do hope to get back some day. Not quite brave enough to try beach driving though as I’m not experienced at it. I can see it’d be awesome though as we did do a tour company beach trip.

Very nice. We won't be making it down to the northern NC 4WD until spring where we have a house. Make sure you wash the underbody after getting salt water spray on the truck. That practice helped us keep vehicles like our 4Runner with minimal rust over many summers on the OBX.

It’s been 20 years since I’ve been to the Outer Banks. I had a Ford expedition and we used to drive the beach in Corolla. Love seeing all the wild horses there.
I was in OBX last weekend. My son goes to school in Elizabeth City so we always take the opportunity to hop over when we're there. Thought about hitting the beach up but it was hella windy that day and we just wanted to get back to the Triad.

Back