JBL Stereo

There is a lot more bass potential with the JBL system than I'm getting in normal use.

I found the LC JBL system's lower end bass response disappointing; there were some notes my old Grand Cherokee's 10 speaker Alpine system hit with authority that are largely absent in my LC.

Thinking maybe something is wrong with the LC's factory sub, I asked Google to play a 40hz sine wave. The results were remarkable. It was able to put out that 40hz tone at an SPL far beyond what I could stand.

Either my audio sources are limiting the low end response, or the system is tuned to limit low end response. I wonder if there's an easy way around this? Would have been nice if Toyota included a separate level adjustment for the sub.

Does anybody have a picture of the JBL premium front doors speakers, the a pillar tweeter and L/R dash speaker . I want to see what they look like
IMG_1130.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpeg
    IMG_1129.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 17
Yes, Center 3.5. No tweeter. I believe L/R is the same speaker.
You have the 14 JBL system right? Are you going to replace the A pillar tweeters. I don know how they are wired since I might get components for the door and route the crossover wire to the tweeter. Share pictures if you are going to replace that would love to know how the wiring is. Also the beat sonic where did you install it. I have it in the glove compartment and I can tweak it but noticed that the rear channel gain doesn't do anything and the Front channel gain controls all the speakers. In the manual it says that this is because the Factory system is 2ch only.

So to confirm I was able to install 4" Ref 4032cfx int the front L/R Dash and 3.5 inch in the center because the 4" didn't fit there. I heard some people were not able to fit it in the L/R with 4 inch. It actually fits flush for me.

You have the 14 JBL system right? Are you going to replace the A pillar tweeters. I don know how they are wired since I might get components for the door and route the crossover wire to the tweeter. Share pictures if you are going to replace that would love to know how the wiring is. Also the beat sonic where did you install it. I have it in the glove compartment and I can tweak it but noticed that the rear channel gain doesn't do anything and the Front channel gain controls all the speakers. In the manual it says that this is because the Factory system is 2ch only.
Yes, I have the JBL. I didn’t replace the tweeters just the 3 front dash speakers. A bracket was needed for the front door 6x9s so those won’t get done until next week. Also, will need to put in sound deadening as even the factory door speakers hit much harder with the beatsonic and rattles. Beatsonic was installed behind the radio. Ended up keeping factory sub, tried a few shallow options but were too power hungry and I didn’t want to start adding extra amps. Etc. Added additional sound deadening in the sub area. Overall nice improvement. Looking forward to getting 6x9s done.

Yes, I have the JBL. I didn’t replace the tweeters just the 3 front dash speakers. A bracket was needed for the front door 6x9s so those won’t get done until next week. Also, will need to put in sound deadening as even the factory door speakers hit much harder with the beatsonic and rattles. Beatsonic was installed behind the radio. Ended up keeping factory sub, tried a few shallow options but were too power hungry and I didn’t want to start adding extra amps. Etc. Added additional sound deadening in the sub area. Overall nice improvement. Looking forward to getting 6x9s done.
What 6x9 brackets and speakers are you using?

Back