JBL Stereo

Full Disclosure: The team at Beat Sonic installed my amplifier for free in return for letting them film the installation for their YouTube Channel.

I went over to Beat Sonic today to have the amplifier installed in my vehicle, and I'm happy to report it was absolutely worth the time and effort.

The amplifier cleared up some of the muddle I was hearing even when reset to the factory settings after installation. On the way home I listened to Amazon Music, Apple Music and music from iPhone, and all sources were cleaner sounding to my ears... even Sirius XM which usually sounds awful was markedly better.

It's hard to describe something as subjective as sound, but my thoughts were immediately endorsed by my opinionated teenage daughter and my tween boys who noticed the difference without my soliciting their opinions.

Eric and his team in La Mirada are good people, so if you get a chance, or if you're looking for an easy upgrade to the your stereo you should give them a shout.

Now that more guys have their LC….what u all think??. JBL good or not good enough….guess it depends on the trim too.
I think it sounds great. Really pleased.

Full Disclosure: The team at Beat Sonic installed my amplifier for free in return for letting them film the installation for their YouTube Channel.

I went over to Beat Sonic today to have the amplifier installed in my vehicle, and I'm happy to report it was absolutely worth the time and effort.

The amplifier cleared up some of the muddle I was hearing even when reset to the factory settings after installation. On the way home I listened to Amazon Music, Apple Music and music from iPhone, and all sources were cleaner sounding to my ears... even Sirius XM which usually sounds awful was markedly better.

It's hard to describe something as subjective as sound, but my thoughts were immediately endorsed by my opinionated teenage daughter and my tween boys who noticed the difference without my soliciting their opinions.

Eric and his team in La Mirada are good people, so if you get a chance, or if you're looking for an easy upgrade to the your stereo you should give them a shout.
You beat me to it. 😁 Glad it’s meeting (exceeding) expectations. I’ll be scheduling an install with Eric and team soon.

The sound system is very important to me. I record live concerts and got to test out the sound system with the one in the show room. I was very impressed. The sales manager was with me and said he liked a couple of reggae artists. I put on a performance from a reggae festival and he was blown away how it sounded. I was pleased too. For a "stock" stereo I will be very happy.
Just wanted to clarify, you tested the JBL or the non premium standard sound system?

Just circling back around with the video from the Beat Sonic install of my amplifier. I want to say, the sound is makedly better.

Just circling back around with the video from the Beat Sonic install of my amplifier. I want to say, the sound is makedly better.

"Plug and Play" after you rip the dash apart......

Part of me thinks you can do it just removing that top grill and speaker 😅

if that was the real case I would have it ordered already...

Part of me thinks you can do it just removing that top grill and speaker 😅

if that was the real case I would have it ordered already...
I just did mine this weekend. You need to slide the screen forward to get to the connections on the back of the radio, and a open a place to store the amp. I will say if you follow their youtube, its really not bad to do the install at all

Attachments

• 1000013123.jpg
    1000013123.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 32
I just did mine this weekend. You need to slide the screen forward to get to the connections on the back of the radio, and a open a place to store the amp. I will say if you follow their youtube, its really not bad to do the install at all

I imagine so, but I wouldn't do it.
That's why I wished it was a one panel (and the center speaker) and done deal.
Maybe a smaller amp in the future...

I agree. I completed the install today of my Beatsonic amp. I also replaced the factory speakers with Pioneer TS series 6 1/2" components in the front doors and 2-ways in the rear doors. Already sounds significantly better than factory at higher volumes, and the speakers are not even broken in properly yet.

I agree. I completed the install today of my Beatsonic amp. I also replaced the factory speakers with Pioneer TS series 6 1/2" components in the front doors and 2-ways in the rear doors. Already sounds significantly better than factory at higher volumes, and the speakers are not even broken in properly yet.
One small detail that I left out is the Beatsonic amp is a class A/B amp, which will run hotter than the more efficient class D amps which are very popular now. I asked Beatsonic how much the relative lack of airflow will affect the amp. They indicated that the amp has a thermal shutoff if it gets too hot. However, they did not indicate how many hours they had tested it before the shutoff occurs. I am speculative that anything more than a couple hour roadtrip in summer temps at a volume loud enough to overcome road noise may cause it to kick off. Hope I am wrong though. Also, if you are used to an aftermarket subwoofer handling the low frequency duty (even at lower volume), you may not be happy with anything but another aftermarket subwoofer.

Last edited:
I just did mine this weekend. You need to slide the screen forward to get to the connections on the back of the radio, and an open a place to store the amp. I will say if you follow their youtube, its really not bad to do the install at all
How long did it take for you to install yourself?

Back