IT NEEDS A LIFT KIT!

I found one through Wescot Designs and ordered it a few weeks back. My Cruiser will be here either end of June or 1st week of July. Bad news is the lifts won't be shipped until sometime early August so we will see how the KO2 tires in 34.5" work for a month or so. Link to this lift is: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Preload Collar Lift Kit - PRE-ORDER
Iโ€™m kinda old and ignorant about this stuff, but.. why would they lift the front 2.5โ€, and only lift the rear .75โ€?

This thread may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon โ€“ in return our forum earns a small commission for referral.
Iโ€™m kinda old and ignorant about this stuff, but.. why would they lift the front 2.5โ€, and only lift the rear .75โ€?
Iirc, there is already a front rake to the vehicle, leans forward already, so when you lift the front it levels it out, the 2.5 probably goes over the rear stock height so the added rear gives you a lift and level.

Personally, I prefer to "level" with my gear + loaded bike rack. I think I'm going to be patient and wait for a more conservative lift option (maybe 1 - 1.5" would be nice?) that maintains a forward rake when unloaded.

Westcott actually adds a thicker bottom perch, so pushes the spring upwards. No spacer type lift are ideal, but they do get the job done cheaply. This is a better option that the full top hat kit.

Is there actual suspension lift yet?
There doesnโ€™t seem to be. I keep looking. I contacted many of the major manufacturers and the ones that got back to me were all pretty vague (they likely donโ€™t know) and said โ€œa few months.โ€ This was about two months ago.

Is this just body puck lift or actual suspension lift?
Itโ€™s neither; they call it a โ€œpre-load collar,โ€ which is different than the โ€˜pucksโ€™ and an actual suspension lift/swap. Apparently it maintains ride quality (?)โ€ฆnot sure how thatโ€™s possible.

If anyone finds a lift kit for this thing POST IT HERE! I have only found the 1.5โ€ level for the front which doesnโ€™t give room to put on 35-37โ€™s.
What lift kit you used?
I only found the 2024 tacoma one.
Would that work?

The simplest way to get the 1", 1.5" lift are pucks. Basically unbolt the top of the strut bolt on a puck then bolt the puck to the orig strut mount. This maintains stock spring compression.

The Westcott design, you remove the entire strut, disassemble the strut and insert a puck between the top (bottom) of the spring and the top hat, reassemble the strut and mount back in it's orig position. This basically compresses or preloads, the spring. No way it would maintain stock ride.

Not that it really makes a huge difference, but Westcott actually replaces the bottom spring perch on the shock with a thicker one.
I have it on my '20 4Runner TRD Pro and no complaints. Made things slightly stiffer but they had claimed to measure and work within the capacity of the Fox Shocks.
Slightly better than your standard puck style, but same basic theory.

Not that it really makes a huge difference, but Westcott actually replaces the bottom spring perch on the shock with a thicker one.
I have it on my '20 4Runner TRD Pro and no complaints. Made things slightly stiffer but they had claimed to measure and work within the capacity of the Fox Shocks.
Slightly better than your standard puck style, but same basic theory.
The only benefit I see would be the puck (still just a spacer) in the Westscott design would be contained within the spring, whereas the other design the puck is bolted to the top hat. I have Billsteins and pucks on my Taco, when the Billsteins were adjusted to give the lift I wanted, it was a very harsh ride, so I lengthened the Billsteins and added pucks (back to the lift height I wanted) but the ride was more forgivable and closer to stock.

For a lot of Toyotas, they come with a few inches of rake.. so back end sits higher than the front. The different heights of F/R levels it out.

Attachments

• IMG_9544.jpeg
    IMG_9544.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 11
Back